Sunday, July 31, 2016

THE OUTLETS

Continuing on with our vacation...

Joe was taking a nap when I went back to our room.  I woke him up and told him that Marion, Elaine and I were going to the outlets for a little bit and would be back in time for dinner.  He nodded and went back to sleep.

Marion was nice enough to drive and we headed out to Rockvale Mall.  Rockvale is a huge outlet mall but we always seem to go to the same places.  This day we went to only two because we were pressed for time.  First we went to my favorite store Reading China and Glass.

Reading sells all kinds of kitchen and dining products.  I took some pictures of the inside to show you.  And this is just a small fraction of what they have.






I might have to go back and get this cute cupcake holder.  I bought the water pitcher last year and I love it.


We all loved these little milk bottle and mason jar glasses.

Isn't this cute?  It has a chalkboard label where you could write someone's name if you were having party or having guests over so everyone would know whose glass it was.




I always go overboard in that store.  I tried to rein myself in, but still spent quite a bit.

I was looking for a new griddle.  We had an 11 inch square pan but ours had warped.  I found this one which was perfect.  I also got a kitchen towel that is so cute, a new basting brush (mine bit the dust), some K-cups for Joe, sparkling sanding sugar for my Christmas cookies, stove top cleaner and a small measuring cup.
 Then we headed over to Lenox.  We usually get some good buys there.  When we got there we found that it was Fill a Bag Day.  Woo hoo!




Not a good picture but this is the Butterfly Meadow dishes.  I love them.

Lots of Disney figures.



Aren't these mugs cute, but I do not need another mug in this house so I didn't get them.



I loved these pumpkins.  They looked like wood but were ceramic.  Again, I loved them but I have more fall decorations than I can use.

There were lots of people around so I didn't take many pictures in there.  Here's what I got:


Not much.  We put all of our things together to fill the bag and get our discount.  I got these pretty Christmas towels although I think the green one can be used at other times as well.  They had loose silverware.  I needed some serving spoons for my every day use so I got three of them.  And a ring/jewelry holder for the bathroom to keep our things safe and in one place when we take our showers.

By now it was getting late so we hurried back to the hotel to get ready for Elaine's birthday dinner.

More tomorrow.

Kathy

14 comments:

  1. Kathy, Lots of cute things...it's all so tempting. Glad you found things you truly needed too. I think it's always fun to shop with friends. Blessings for a great Sunday. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There were a lot of temptations but I tried to not go overboard. I think I did pretty good. I bought a lot of things that were on clearance too.

      Delete
  2. Ooh, I could spend days in both stores, so many beautiful dishes and in the kitchen store so many teapots and bowls...
    What a great place !
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gave you just a small taste. The stores are gigantic. It takes about 45 minutes to an hour to walk through just one.

      Delete
  3. Next time you go to these Outlet Stores, I'm sending you my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooohhhhh....I love to go to a big outlet mall! I love seeing so many dishes and things for the house. My husband loves the kitchen stores too. That mason jar is cute and so are all the Fall and Christmas things. I'm glad you found some nice things! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is so tempting to buy everything you see whether you need it or not. My husband loves the kitchen stores too.

      Delete
  5. Hi Kathy! Oh, my goodness! That looks like such a great place to shop. Outlet shopping is so fun!
    Thanks so much for popping in to see me.
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lot of fun. And I always spend too much money!

      Delete
  6. I like the Lenox towel. I know it was hard to resist the pumpkins. So cute! I'd never seen a cupcake keeper. I guess there are layers? Neat idea! You really did good & had fun too! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, there are layers of holders inside the huge cupcake. I wish you could go there. But bring at least $100 with you because you will want everything.

      Delete
  7. I just talked to my friend from Lancaster, PA this morning. She was telling me about shopping at the Out-lets, and now I am reading this. It is making me homesick for my former home. Shopping in Reading Glass is so fun. You can find anything you need in that store. I am glad that you found some things that you needed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is my favorite store in Rockvale. I find things I didn't even know I needed. Like most people I have mismatched silver for my everyday use and it all came from there except for the three pieces I just got at Lenox. You are right, you can find anything!

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.