Tuesday, July 5, 2016

THE BEST LAID PLANS...

We were all set to go to Atlantic City today.  But Joe woke up feeling sick.  Very sick.  So he stayed in bed while I went to teach my Bible Study.

It was a great study today on Philippians 1:27-30 -- Standing firm for what we believe.  This world is in a terrible way.  It's crazy what is happening.  We hear about bombings, murders and destruction every day.  But we have something to stand firm on -- the Lord Jesus Christ.  We all decided to pray every day for a revival in America and then the world.  It is the only thing that can save us.

Wow!  Didn't mean to go on like that, but it was a super study.

It is Debbie's birthday tomorrow.  I bought cupcakes for the study and we celebrated together.  I also gave her a gift that I got her yesterday.  You might remember the paper from my last post.


And the card.


I got Debbie a sparkly notebook and a couple of gel pens.  She loved it.


We dropped off Dottie, our 92-year-old study member, and then I drove Debbie home.


I called Joe from in front of Debbie's house and he said he was worse but that I should go to the shore without him.  Nope, I wasn't doing that.

I went home and he was still in bed and in bad shape.  I immediately thought of Compazine to settle his stomach.  He still had some from an earlier prescription so he took that and went back to sleep.

I called my brother and told him that we wouldn't be there today but would try to get there tomorrow.  He said that was fine.

I have seen Joe only once since then.  He said he was feeling better and went back to bed.  I hope he is well enough to go tomorrow.

I did some cleaning (the job that never ends) and watched some youtube videos.  That's about it.  Let's see what tomorrow brings.  Every day is a surprise.

Kathy

4 comments:

  1. I was totally surprised! The cupcakes were delicious...& so cute. I love the sparkly notebook.There are so many ways I can use it that I need to think. It was a really fun day. Thank you Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the note books and gel pens are such a great gift and I liked the thought of them when you showed them to us the other day,, I hope Joe feels better soon,,lovely photos of you two good pals,,

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a beautiful photo of you - Kathy!!

    Praying for you and your hubby. Sickness seems to come on so often for you all... do you ever wonder WHY?? Why, so much and so often?

    I wonder if you would be interested in hearing about Plexus. The health and wellness supplement line that we as a family are using. I only ask because I care. I am not being a very good Ambassador if I keep Good News to myself!! Email me, Kathy... if this is simply something you'd like to hear more about.
    Again, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you stay so positive amidst change and distractions.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.