Wednesday, July 13, 2016

MARIANNE STORIES #31

June 3
The Children's Dept. is having The Mad Hatter's Tea Party to kick-off the Summer Reading Game this year, and celebrating a milestone anniversary of Alice in Wonderland. It is free, but children need a ticket, and we have limited number of tickets. Claudine came up to the desk to ask for her ticket. Megan asked her if she wanted a ticket for her brother, Emmanuel, too, or if Emmanuel was interested in attending. Claudine froze on the spot and just stared, clearly looking very uncomfortable. Megan asked her if she wanted to ask her brother if he wanted to attend and to check with their mother. No response from Claudine. I said to her, "Claudine, I think I know what's going on. You really don't want your brother to attend, right? You want to come by yourself and not have him around, right?" Claudine opened her eyes wide and solemnly nodded her head. "You're afraid he will ruin it for you, right?" 

"Yes." 

"Okay, Claudine, here's your ticket. You don't have to bring it up with your brother. However, if he wants to come, we have to give him a ticket." Claudine smiled and walked away. 

Twenty minutes later Emmanuel walked up to our desk. "Ms. B, I want to come to the tea party. May I have a ticket, please? I will be very good, and I will wear my best suit. I will look good for the tea party!" His younger sister looked on balefully. 

"Okay, Emmanuel, but you know you must behave and you cannot torment Claudine. We want you both to have a good time, but if you misbehave, you will have to leave." 

"I be good, Ms. B. I have never been to a tea party, I want to come and I will look sharp!" 

Poor Claudine. She so desperately wanted to ditch her older brother! Funny how little sisters can't seem to lose their older brothers!

 

6 comments:

  1. I was the older sister. I might not want to read the stories my sister can write about me! haha! Enjoy your day sweet lady! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, Those little brothers can really be pain. My mom made me take my little brothers and sisters to the movie's when I went with my sweetie....he said he spent more money on my brothers always wanting candy, than he did on me. LOL. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a funny story, Susie. I'm sure your boyfriends all loved your siblings hanging on to your dates.

      Delete
  3. I had one of those older brothers and yes indeed, they can be a pain. I read your other posts too. Hope that Joe can get some relief from his sickness. The meals that you make sound delish! You are so kind to round up all your D-friends and take them to Bible study. You are such a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My D-friends. I like that. I'm going to use that. I often tell them I'm the teacher because my name doesn't start with D. Ha, ha! I try to make interesting meals. It keeps dinner from being boring.

      Delete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.