Friday, April 24, 2015

FRIDAY VIEWS

This has been such a busy week that I haven't had time to post anything.  It isn't that I've forgotten about you, dear readers.  I've been visiting your blogs when I've gotten a chance.  I hope this post will make up for things with picture overload.  Uh...  maybe not.

Anyway, on Monday we celebrated Diane and Tom's birthdays at work.  I went at lunch time and got a cake and cards at ShopRite.  Diane's birthday was on the 1st and with everything going on with Joe I completely forgot about it.  So I wanted to get a cute belated birthday card for her.  Could I find one?  Of course not.  Finally one of the employees helped me.  There was one card in the entire store, so I got it.  It wasn't what I wanted, but it had to do.

Bob was on the desk and he wanted to sing to them, so I hopped on to replace him.  As a result I didn't get a picture of the whole cake, but here's the cake after it was cut.  I tried to get a marble cake because Diane likes yellow and Tom likes chocolate.  Well, there was a little chocolate in it but not much.  Not much of a marble as far as I was concerned.  But it was good and everyone liked it.


There was a great sunset on Monday also.  Look at this!


On Tuesday we had a fantastic Ladies' Bible Study.  We are going through the book of Daniel and this week did chapter 5 -- the handwriting on the wall.  I always put little pictures at the bottom of the study sheet they get.  I found a picture of God's hand writing on the wall and I couldn't put it on because it just freaked me out.  I'm not usually like that, but I could just imagine it.  So instead they got a picture of the ruins of King Nebuchadnezzar's palace.  Much safer.

Joe has been doing so much better and all his injuries are healing nicely.  But on Wednesday his tremors returned and he wasn't able to get to church that night to lead his Bible study.  He sent me in his place.  I was really not prepared because I teach the little ones on Wednesday.  So I could have had everyone coloring pictures of the Garden of Eden and making snakes out of play dough, but that was about it.  It turned out that we just shared our thoughts with each other and had a time of prayer.  The little girls were bothering us during the prayer time because they kept running in from the classroom to ask questions or show us things, so while the others were praying I took them to their room and we read them some books and we went over our memory verse.  They were making pictures of princesses and made one that they said was me.  They put my eyes in my forehead because I am short and this way I can see over the other people.  Ha, ha, ha!  They are so creative and funny!


On  Tuesday Diane went home sick.  On Wednesday Clarissa was sick, but wouldn't go home.  She called out sick on Thursday, though.  Today it's my turn.  My stomach is queasy and my head is pounding.  Boss is not too happy with us this week, but it must just be making its rounds.  Better sick here at home than at work.  Monday starts another week.

So for your Friday View this week I am going to show you the work going on next door.  Remember I told you about all the pounding going on inside as they gutted and remodeled the place?  Well they sided the back of the house and it looks beautiful.  Now they are getting the front ready for stucco.  Or so they told me.

This was taken in my car's mirror so everything is backwards.  But I wanted to show the three layers on the house.  The original is the wooden siding.  Then there's a layer of asphalt that looks like brick and a layer of asphalt that is gray (the way I've always seen it.)

These next pictures are taken at night under the street light outside our houses.  I'm the brick front.
They are going to town on it.  The insulation is on and they are putting up plywood.

Look at this scaffolding!  I would not want to climb it.  Heights aren't for me unless I'm inside a building.

As you can imagine it is very noisy during the day.  It isn't helping my headache at all!

More of the scaffolding.  The guys are really nice and pleasant.  They cleaned up the mess they made on our sidewalk.  I move my car if I am home so it doesn't get damaged and they have more room to work.

I like the view of this photo.  It's my "art picture".
 They are hard at work today.  I am hoping to take more pictures when they leave.  I don't want them to think I am taking shots of them.  More to come!

Hope you have a good day.  I'm going to take some aspirin and try to feel better.

Kathy

12 comments:

  1. I think it's great that you were so busy singing that you didn't get a picture of the full cake. That just shows me what a fun person you are, singing along and honoring the birthday couple.
    The remodel is really interesting. Peeling back the layers of history!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, Christine, thanks for the compliment but I didn't sing. I let Bob go in and sing while I waited on people. I ate cake, though. ;)

      Yes, it is interesting to see what the house looked like in the past. I wonder how my house would look.

      Delete
  2. Good to play catch up with what you have been up to, but sorry to hear you arent well. Take care of yourself...get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It lasted only one day with each of the others so I am thinking I'll be feeling better tomorrow. I hope Bob and Doug aren't next.

      Delete
  3. Kathy, I have heard hammering going on down the road here. Our neighbor's have a brand new house...then after it's all built, they decided they wanted a sunroom. So now it is being built on the back. I am so envious. LOL. I was hoping or porch could have been a three season room. I hope Joe comes along better. Sounds like you library people are passing some kind of flu around. Take care of yourself. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Susie, it's some kind of virus. And we are all such generous people we share with each other. Ha, ha!

      I would love to have a three (or even four) season room. Someday when I get rich....

      Delete
  4. Hope you are feeling better. I had a touch of this a couple weeks ago. My symptoms lasted four days. I was at a follow up doctors appointment the week after I was sick and she told me it was probably the norovirus that was making it's rounds. Even one of the doctors in the practice had it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm feeling better. Stomach has settled down and headache is just a dull ache. I sure hope it's not the norovirus.

      Delete
  5. Sounds like it was a nice birthday after all. Hard to believe they only had ONE belated card! How crazy is that!!!! Sorry you are sick...those bugs are nasty this year and seem to be everywhere. Hope it is short-lived and you are all better by Monday.

    I think you SHOULD have had those guys coloring the Garden of Eden and making clay snakes. It would connect them with their "inner child".

    Blessings to you- xo diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Diana, you are the funniest person I know. You always make me laugh. I think maybe I SHOULD have had them coloring. Ha, ha, ha!

      Delete
  6. What a post! Love catching up. Glad to hear that Joe does have good days. Russ & I've had a touch of ;the bug' thing going around. Lucky it only lasted a day or two for each of us. I agree with Diana. I believe there'd be a lot less stress if we touched base (often!) with our inner child. To simply enjoy the world around us.
    Wanna pick some flowers?

    ReplyDelete
  7. hope you are all well and getting things done. I am just a bit tired. Got back from a trip last evening to the coast for two days. Wedding this a.m. at our church for a young lady we've known for years! Fun day. Getting things done. Going through photos cuz I need to upload some soon! Have a good week and get well hugs to Joe!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.