Friday, August 30, 2013

FRIDAY VIEW

It has been a long and busy week.  I am so looking forward to the weekend in order to put my feet up during the day, sit down a lot more and generally just enjoy myself.  And I need it desperately.

Bob was out yesterday and will be out today also attending a funeral.  At least Marquita was well enough to come in yesterday part time and will be there all day today.  She said her car is very damaged -- in the shop being fixed.  Her knee hurts where it was jammed into the dashboard, but she is doing OK.  So here we both are limping around with our bum knees.  It must look really comical.

Work is getting worse day by day.  There are tons of people coming in every day.  A lot of them want new library cards NOW.  One day we made 28 new cards (our average is 5).  

Today we found out that they are extending our work day by 30 minutes.  (No extra pay, of course.)  There is a big controversy going on with all the employees.  Many have a problem getting to their day care before it closes.  One person said she takes college classes after work and now does not have time to get there so will not be able to finish her degree.  The answer from administration is "You shouldn't have kids if they interfere with your work hours"  and "Why don't you just quit then and go to school full time."  It's not a huge problem for me, but I am against the way things are going.  I just can't wait to retire now.  We have not had a raise in almost 6 years, our health insurance has gone up, and now this.  Joe and I have to sit down this weekend, work out a budget and see if it is possible for me to get out the end of this year.  I would love that.

On a lighter note, here it is the last day before a three day weekend.  I am so psyched about this basically because it is the beginning of September which is my favorite month of the year.  It's still warm from summer, but still has a hint of fall in the air.  And the weather is almost always good.  This is why we chose to get married in September.  September is full of good things for me and I am so looking forward to this month.

For my Friday view I figured I'd show a quick look at my yard.  The geranium is blooming, but not looking too good.  The impatients have all died.  But the sunflower is doing great and pretty soon I'll be able to get a photo of it for you.  I want to transplant it first.  Here are the last of my roses and some blue and pink morning glories.  Neither my neighbor nor I planted them, but they are all over the place.  I like them, but they choke out everything so they are sort of a pest.

Geranium

Pink and blue morning glories

Red rose

Deep pink rose

Light pink rose

Peace rose
 I've got to run so I can get to work on time.  Until later...

Mostly SunnyMostly sunny
High:  82* at 4:45 p.m. EDT
Low:  71* at 1:05 a.m.  EDT
Sunrise:  6:26 a.m.  EDT
Sunset:   7:35 p.m.  EDT

4 comments:

  1. I feel sorry for whoever made those thoughtless comments.They have no heart.
    It is great that the yard pix followed. The roses are BEAUTIFUL!!
    I always say it but I LOVE your pictures. Keep on clicking!
    Prayers for you & Marquita.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My geranium is flowering again. It's sitting on the step so if you come up from the sidewalk, it looks like it's peeking out at you. My roses started blooming again once cooler weather came. Now it's blooming beautifully. Morning glories are beautiful but I think they are classed as a weed. So pull them out when they are done blooming! I'd think or you're gonna keep having them. Sorry to hear of your work problems. Some places just do believe people need lives! Have a good weekend. I work on Mon, husband doesn't. Maybe we'll go out for dinner. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, The bad attitude of your employer towards people who want to work and have a life too...is sad. I hope you get to retire...make sure your knee doesn't need a surgery before you do. Love your roses. They are so pretty. Hope you and Joe enjoy your 3 day weekend. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, sounds like your employers are a real piece of work! I hope that you can find a way to get out. You deserve the break & the rest. No one should be required to work more hours with no additional pay. That's just insane!

    I'm looking forward to September too! Lots of fun stuff coming up for us.

    I love the roses. They are just beautiful. I can't wait to see the Sunflower. Something about Sunflowers just make me happy.

    Enjoy your weekend friend!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.