Sunday, August 11, 2013

DATE NIGHT

Saturday was another lazy day.  I actually slept till about 10:00 a.m.  I almost never do that.  And I did practically nothing all day.  I meant to.  I wanted to.  But I kept falling back to sleep.

I guess the main reason was that I had the first part of my root canal done on Thursday.  The anesthesia lasted for 6 hours.  I was feeling no pain.  And then it hit.  I have been on pain killers ever since and they make me drowsy.   Pain or sleep?  I've been choosing sleep.

By tonight I was going a little stir crazy.  Joe and I had talked about having a "date night" since we haven't had one in quite awhile.  I had a gift certificate for IHOP, so we decided to go there for dinner.

Google image


Joe had french toast and I had pot roast.  Well, I had half of the pot roast and that was all I could eat before the pain got too bad.  I was going to have crepes, but I was hungry and I thought I could handle it.  The mashed potatoes and garlic bread were OK, and I got a lot of the meat down, but that was it.  It wasn't wasted, though, because Joe very helpfully finished it for me.

When we came out I looked up and the sky was beautiful.  I had to get a couple of shots.



I could have gotten even better pictures when I was driving, but driving and picture taking really aren't compatible.

When we left IHOP we went to Rite Aid.  I had forgotten to get a couple of things when I was there the other day and it was on the way home, so we just popped in.  This particular Rite Aid is huge.  I stop in quite a bit during my dinner hour since it isn't too far from work.  I introduced Joe to the $1 aisle.  It is so hard to resist things in there.

Next we needed a few things in Shop Rite so went there.  I said to Joe, "This is some date you are taking me on."  But we got what we needed and went home.

My tooth was KILLING me by now.  I went to get my Tylenol which is what has been helping me the most and it was not where I left it.  I have looked all over this house and it is no where to be found.  So we went out again (at 10:00 p.m.) to look for a place still open to buy it.  We ended up back at Shop Rite and got it there.  After I take it, it takes about a half hour to work and then it's OK for about four hours.  What a relief.  I took aspirin when I couldn't find the Tylenol and it didn't even touch the pain (although it took the swelling down some).  I am going to call the dentist on Monday because it is not supposed to be hurting like this.

So as soon as I got home I took the Tylenol, petted Jenny who was on her favorite perch on the back of the recliner...

 
... and headed for bed.


 I woke up at 6:30 a.m. this morning and couldn't go back to sleep, so I got up.  I've been watching season one of the new "Upstairs Downstairs".  I have to take it back to the library tomorrow.  Now it is almost 8:30 a.m. so I will get Joe up for church.  I don't think I am going today.  My tooth/jaw is really bothering me.  I almost never miss church, but there is always the time I am sick.

Hopefully later today I will get out in the yard and give you a Sunday Garden post.  Although there really isn't much out there to take pictures of these days.

Until later...

4 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your tooth!

    Date Night takes on many forms, doesn't it? Tom took me to the Blood Bank one time. After donating blood he got me cookies and juice. That was a date night to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Date nights are so much fun! So yours was a little more unusual...
    Sorry to hear about your tooth.Dental pain is THE worst! I hope it eases up soon.
    Love & prayers,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Date nights are fun. Yes, sometimes we wind up at a grocery store or another store where I need to pick up a few items we need. It's on the way and why should I have to drive back and get it and waste gas? Usually Phil goes in with me and I've learned not to dilly dally around. Sometimes I ask him to get something and he will do it since he knows we'll be there a shorter amount of time. Get to feeling better, sorry for your dental work. Always something, huh? I had a few cavities done and since then my mouth has not felt the same. Not bad but I can feel it. Sigh! Hang in there, my friend! Praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless your heart!! I didn't make it to church either after spending a sleepless night.

    Friday I did have the crepes at IHOP. Funny how our lives line up together sometimes.

    Rite Aid and Shop Rite.....we don't have either one of those down here.

    Hope you sleep well and feel better. Sleep over pain is a Win! WIN!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.