Monday, November 26, 2012

THANKSGIVING WEEKEND

Just a quick post before I go to work.  This weekend has been so busy that I haven't had a chance to write anything.

I went to work on Saturday and found I was the first one there and had to open up the building.  I hate doing that because I am always afraid I will not have the right code for the alarm and end up having the sirens going off and the police showing up.  Believe me, it's happened to me before.  But everything went OK.  I wasn't feeling all that great and did a lot of "little" but time consuming jobs where I could just sit at my desk.  So I know I have a lot of shelving to do when I get in today.

I think I've just not been getting enough sleep.  But last night I just conked out so I think I'll be better today.

The sunrise yesterday was fantastic.  I seldom see one so colorful.


  
I didn't get to church because Joe wasn't feeling good.  He was very dizzy and thought he might fall so asked me to stay with him.

In the afternoon I started my Christmas cookie baking.  I try to make at least six different kinds each year.  Then I package them up and take a dozen bags to church with me the Sunday before Christmas.  The first 12 families I see get the cookies.  Yesterday I made pumpkin spice.  You know I had to try the broken ones (quality assurance you understand).  They were good!
 
I got my front window and door decorated for Christmas and put out my musical snowmen.  It looks funny half Thanksgiving, half Christmas, but that will change as I go along.  

I wanted to show you more pictures, but I can't find my camera!  It's got to be here somewhere.  I'm always losing stuff and I hate that.

Well off to another lovely day at work.  And this week I'm working five days straight for the first time since the middle of October.  It's going to be a long week.

5 comments:

  1. What beautiful pictures of the sunrise! I love drinking coffee and watching sunrise! Don't worry my home is half and half too..yummy cookies..love your blog...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! Cookies!! I love that you make and give out cookies to your church- I think I'd stand inside the door and wait for you to arrive to be one of those first lucky 12! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you give your cookies away, the first families you see. I'd be there so early, just to be one of the fortunate ones!

    (Please have your Iron checked)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm volunteering if you need another taste tester.Everything you
    bake is yummy.Gifts from the heart are the best kind.
    I think most holiday decorating is a 'work in progress'.Makes it more interesting....

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sunrise is beautiful!

    And your cookies look yummy! Now I'm craving a cookie!
    I had to chuckle at your quality assurance comment. That's too cute! :)

    I hope Joe is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.