Sunday, April 29, 2012

I'VE BEEN BUSY, FOLKS! (This is going to be a long post -- Sorry)

I just cannot believe it has been so long since I posted anything.  My life has just been one big racetrack.  And this little runner has been running her legs off going from one thing to another.  Let me try to catch you up a little bit.

On Friday I was at the Fishtown Branch.  I know it takes longer to get there than to get to Richmond, so I left early (as I usually do).  I gave myself plenty of time, but not enough.  A lot of the streets are closed due to the gas company laying new lines.  So everyone was using Aramingo Avenue (the street I need to use to get there).  I felt like I was in New York City traffic!  It was bumper to bumper plus I hit every single red light.  My usual 20 minute ride took almost 40 minutes!  So I was 15 minutes late.  Not a good way to start the day.   I did take a picture while I was sitting there though.

To make matters worse, both of the other Library Assistants called out so that I was the only one at the front desk from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.  One of the librarians did give me a break at 11:30 so that I could use the restroom and get something to eat.  I was so tired all day that I just kept yawning.  Not good.

We had plans to go out with our friends Walt and Carole that night.  They found a new Chinese Buffet that is HUGE and really good.  They wanted to share it with us.  The last thing I wanted to do was to go out, but I went anyway.  They were right, it was really good.  I had sushi, sesame balls, chicken wings, barbecued chicken on a stick, potstickers and lo mein.  Everything tasted great.  The best thing about it was that I didn't have to cook!

When I was getting out of the car, I couldn't close the door.  I banged it really hard but it still wouldn't close.  When I opened it to see what was the matter, I found that my phone had dropped out of my pocket and was laying there.  I just picked it up, but today I see that it isn't working anymore.  I just destroyed my phone!  So I have to get a new one this week.  In the meantime I will use Joe's extra one that he keeps in the car.  It's always something.

When we got home there were two phone messages for us.  One was for Joe and one was for me.  I told Joe to return his call first and then let me know when he was off.  I laid down for just a minute while he was on the phone.  That was 8:30 p.m.  The next thing I knew it was 8:30 a.m. on Saturday morning!  I TOLD him I was TIRED!

On to Saturday.  Joe had an eye doctor appointment at 12:30 p.m.  So I did a load of wash, a load of dishes, and straightened up the kitchen while he got up and ready to go.  When we went outside the veterans group across the street was having a flea market.  But they weren't doing very good.  There were no customers at all.  We didn't have time to go in and look, but I asked the guy to save me a soup tureen that I liked.  He handed it to me and said it was free!  It's so pretty.  At first I thought it was majolica, but it's not.  (Made in the USA!)  I put it into the dishwasher and when I took it out, the ladle had broken.  We glued it together with superglue, so it should be OK.  Joe made the suggestion of using it for baked beans at our Memorial Day cookout.  The lid will keep the flies away.

After the eye doctor (Joe is getting really cool new glasses!) we went to Hallmark and then the St. Jude Shop.  We finally ended up at the Farmer's Market.  We haven't been there in a long time.  Lots of Amish people come there to sell food.  We got rotisserie chicken legs and thighs for lunch.  Joe also got four bean salad and I got potato salad.  We went home and ate it.  So good!  Then Joe said he needed a nap and I watched some TV and dozed.  Dozed of all things!  After I had slept 12 hours.  I MUST have been tired!

We woke up at 8:00 p.m. with the phone ringing.  It was Joe's step-mom.  We were supposed to be over at her house at 7:00 p.m.!  I woke Joe up and we jumped in the car and got there around 8:30.  We ended up staying till almost 10:30.  Well, we don't get to see her that often.  She is still cleaning out Joe's dad's stuff and keeps giving us big bags of things.  We don't need more stuff in this house!  A lot of it I think I am going to put on e-bay and see if we can make a few bucks.

That brings us to this morning.  Joe got up to go to church and he got sick again.  I knew something was wrong because he is acting strangely -- not himself at all.  His sore throat is coming back and now he has an upset stomach.  So he stayed home from church.  I went but had to leave quickly because I am working overtime this afternoon.  I made him promise to stay in bed until I get home.  I am going to have an easy dinner of spaghetti tonight.  I think the soft, bland noodles should be easy on his stomach.

So that brings you up to date, folks.  So much to do, so little time.  And run, run, run.  If you have made it this far, thanks for sticking with me through this very long post.  Hopefully it will be better this week and I'll be able to post more often.



  1. I'm just glad to hear you got some extra rest! You need to make sure you take care of yourself. Help Joe is feeling better soon. Maybe this will be a much slower paced week for you, fingers crossed!

  2. I love the tureen!Very pretty. I am sorry about your phone.It's getting harder to find just a simple cell phone.
    I am glad you got some rest. I figure you wouldn't fall asleep if you didn't need it! I fell asleep at 9 last nite & didn't wake til 6am!
    Tell Joe I hope he feels better soon.

  3. Sad to hear about the ladle!
    Yakes!Sure is beautiful.


Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. I often reply to your comments, so feel free to check back.