Saturday, April 7, 2012

GOOD FRIDAY

Yesterday was so busy that I didn't have a chance to even get onto the computer.  In fact, I didn't turn on the internet at all.

Joe and Jim were still working on the heater at church.  Poor Jim!  He's doing most of the work since Joe can't.  But they are a good team.

When I took Joe over there, I saw a robin in the parking lot.  Then it flew into the church yard.  Wherever I went, there was the robin.  You know I had to take a picture of it.

 
I stayed at home, ran errands, and worked on getting the house under control.  It is now evident to me that I will not finish all that I want to do before Easter.  But I am determined not to get stressed out about it.  I can only do what I can do.  Anything I get done is that much less I have to do later.

Frank, our gardener, came over for the first time this season and cut the grass.  Everything looks so nice.  I am so happy to start living outside again.




I wanted to get to church yesterday, but instead I fell asleep.  I must have needed it.  My arm and leg muscles and back are so sore.  I know I am doing too much which is why I am not going to finish everything I want to do.  As long as my sister has a clean place to sleep and we have a place to eat and sit to relax I am happy.

But even though I didn't get to a service, all day I was thinking about the great sacrifice Jesus made for us by dying on the cross to give us eternal life with Him.  It is a very humbling thought.

So on to today's tasks.  A lot to do.  Have a lovely day, everyone.

2 comments:

  1. Why do we try to do it all? I am thinking you and I are 'Martha's'....

    We do the best we can and usually WE are the only ones we disappoint.

    Take time to care for YOU!!
    Remember how precious you are!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are only human Kathy! We can only do so much and that is it. Let what you get done be enough and be content with it. I'm great at giving this advice, terrible at following it. I'm sure come next week though, none of what you didn't do will even matter. That is normally how it goes.

    Happy Easter to you and yours. Hope your day is filled with tons of blessings :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.