Monday, April 9, 2012


The dogwood tree in front of Wissinoming Bible Fellowship Church where Joe and I attend.
Hope everyone had a wonderful Easter.  It was so busy yesterday that I just could not blog.  So here is an early (for me) morning catch up.

We began by picking up my friend Debbie and heading for church.  It was a great service.  Not many visitors, but just about every one of the regulars.  The music was good and the sermon was just great.  I know everyone wanted to see the "matching outfits" so I had Debbie take a couple of pictures.  They aren't the greatest -- Joe's jacket looks weird and his tie is sticking out the bottom, my jacket is all crumpled up -- but they are what I have.  I never found the black jacket, so I wore my gray one instead.  It actually turned out looking better.

Pastor Justin's family was visiting.  We were entering the church at the same time and I said hello to his mom.  She looked at us and said, "Are you and your husband matching?  Did you plan it?"  I said yes, and she said, "You two are cute.  Wish I could get my husband to do that."  Ha, ha.

You know I had to get a picture of Debbie and me too.  We have been friends for 43 years.  People think we are related.

After we dropped Debbie off, we went home and cleaned some more.  Sigh.  As I suspected, it didn't get done, but we did what we could.  We just can't get everything done and put a new boiler in the church at the same time.  By the way, we had heat for the service, but when Jim went to check it, he found that there was a loose wire.  Instead of replacing the two pumps, all they had to do was tighten (or change out) the wire which would have taken about 2 hours instead of 3 days!

My sister, Elaine, got down here from northern New Jersey about 2:45 p.m.  We got ready to go out and our friends Walt and Carole picked us up around 3:30 p.m.  We went to the Cheesecake Factory and met my brother, sister-in-law and her mom.  We had a great dinner.  I had salisbury steak, mashed potatoes and green beans.  The others had chicken marsala, parmesan crusted chicken, shrimp and steak diane and chicken picata.  Good, good, good.  And so much food!  Of course Joe was the first one finished even though he was one of the last served.  Here (in a blurry picture) is his reaction to finishing first.

Afterwards we went over to Larry and Kim's house to see their new little dog, Schnitzel.

We got home about 8:30 p.m. It was a long day, but a nice day.  Before we went to bed I got Elaine to take a picture with my other new top on.

Today we are off to Lancaster County, so I had better get a move on and get ready.  Have a good one, folks.


  1. Sure looks like you had a great holiday.
    Thanks for sharing the pictures of your matching outfits...cute!

  2. You & Joe are too cute together! I love the pictures. I think they turned out just perfect.

    Sounds like you had an awesome day. Hope your Monday has been just as wonderful :)

  3. I really enjoyed spending Easter time withy you both. The matching
    outfits were neat.Joe looked very dapper!Glad to hear Elaine arrived safely.


Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. I often reply to your comments, so feel free to check back.