Friday, October 7, 2011

WORK AND FACEBOOK

I have had a rough few days.  Our part-timer has not been in.  It is just Diane and I and the work is overwhelming.  I am trying my best to keep up with things and I actually see a small dent beginning to take place in the piles on my desk, but it is very hard.  I have been coming home and just falling asleep sitting up.  Joe cannot wake me up enough to go upstairs to bed, so he has been leaving me to sleep on the sofa.  So tired.

I have off from work today because I am working Saturday and Sunday.  At least Monday is a holiday (Columbus Day) so hopefully it won't be too bad of a week.  I took the car into the garage today for an oil change.  This is the first time it has been serviced since we got it back in March.  I am very good at keeping up with oil changes, rotating tires, and general maintenance.  That's why my cars all last so long.

So with no car to go anywhere I am attacking cleaning up the bedroom.  Joe is napping right now, so I took a break.  We want to get a new bedroom set, so decided to declutter as much as possible.  How do two people accumulate so much stuff?  And why am I holding on to these things?  I feel as if I should be on that show "Hoarders".  But it is looking much better even with only an hour's worth of work on it.  I still have to get the vacuum in there sometime today.

Anyway, about the facebook part of this post.  If you are one of my facebook friends you will notice that I am no longer on it.  I deleted myself.  I have been on facebook for several years and have had a good time catching up with family and friends.  But there have also been problems.  I have had my step-granddaughter attack me for my religious beliefs and spread lies all over the place about me.  I have had the same thing happen with one of my bridesmaids (believe it or not she was a close friend).  Joe's family have been after us for awhile too.  I have blocked, unfriended, etc. trying to get rid of this problem.  The latest is my own brother is now saying things about me, tearing my posts apart.  What I wrote was not about him, had nothing to do with him, but he must have thought I was talking about him and took it personally.  So I have had enough.  I've shed enough tears over facebook.  I will just have to keep in touch with my friends some other way.  I just can't keep getting upset over one person after another.  Do you agree?  If you are a facebook follower and blog follower of mine, this is not about you.  I know who is following me on my blog and it has nothing at all to do with you.  Maybe I'll get back on someday.  But I know for right now I just want to be done with it.

Enough of this.  I am going back to working on the house.  I think I will clean the kitchen while Joe sleeps.  Then it's lunch and start the Irish stew for dinner.  I have everything in the house to make it and don't have time to do so when I work.  The house is going to smell mighty good tonight.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Thought for the day:
Avoid people who will make you miserable.

3 comments:

  1. I am a Facebook QUEEN! Louis Dean says what goes in my ears come outon Facebook!! That's really NOT true but it does make me laugh! My siblings are on and a ton of friends - both current and past - and it is a lot of fun. On the other hand LD's family is NOT our friend (friends) either in life or on FB except for his son and a grandson. You have to be careful not to say anything you don't want the whole world to read - same as in blogging - but the pros outweigh the cons. If I am going through something I usually just post a quote for my status. LD has TWO Facebooks accts so he doesn't have to deal with his family. Life gets complicated doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just wanted to let you know that I still follow your blog even though I do not take time to comment. We are selling our house and looking for a ministry. Some day I hope life will slow down so I can comment again. Take care of yourself, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry you had to give it up. It was a great place for your family to stay connected. It makes me sad (& maybe a little angry) that people don't even try to get along. Spreading rumors & hate doesn't help anyone; and it's the adults doing it! I, like you, try talking to the person. When they won't listen, I say a prayer & back off. Hopefully things will calm down. If not, your emotional well-being is more important. You made a wise decision.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.