Tuesday, December 12, 2023

GOING OUT FOR LUNCH

 


Hello, friends.  Hope you are having a great day.  I took this picture from one of my coloring pages.  Isn't it pretty?  Wish I were as creative as this.

I have been so busy trying to clean up and bake and do Christmassy things.  Someday I will be completely caught up.  Maybe...  In any case, I am having a great time and enjoying the season.  

The other day I made some gingerbread cookies.  Going through the pantry I found three packages of cookie mix and decided that was going to be my cookies for this year.  I am trying to use things up rather than go out and get new things.  Joe had bought some crystalized ginger thinking he was getting a package of candy.  Instead, it came in a jar and was to be used for baking.  What???  So I made up the mix and sprinkled the ginger on top.  They turned out so delicious!  I will definitely be using this ginger again.


Yesterday I met my sister and a friend and we went to lunch at the Suburban Diner.  I gave each of them cookies and they were so thrilled.  That surprised me but made me so happy.

The diner is halfway between my friend's house and mine.  I suggested it for that reason and it turned out to be the perfect place.  It took me 45 minutes to get there.  Maybe because President Biden was in town and some streets were closed off.  (The President seems to come to Philadelphia a lot.) 

It takes awhile to get there, but the food is so good.  I had a grilled burger that tasted as if it had come off of a backyard grill in the summer.  Delicious!  My sister had an avocado BLT.  I was debating about getting that and might just do that next time I go.  My friend had the French dip which she said was good also.



We were able to sit and talk and catch up and it was just such a good time.  My friend Mar gave me a Christmas gift.  We usually don't exchange gifts, but she saw this and had to get it for me.  It's a Hallmark movie watching mug.  So cute.  I didn't get a picture of it, but trust me on this.

It was such a quick visit, but so good.  It took me another hour to get home.  Well, to get to Rite Aid.  I had to pick up some medicine for Joe, but also used the time to get some stocking stuffers.  Tis the season.

It's Bible Study day, so I have to run and get ready.  See you again soon.

Kathy


5 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy, I'm glad you were able to get out for a lunch and visit with your sister and your friend. I love doing things like that and would like to get out for get-togethers more often.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great challenge . . . to use what you already have. Sounds like it worked out well with your cookies! Sooo nice to have a little getaway, even if it's just for a few hours, and have some girl time with your sister and friend. Those times are golden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy! My, those cookies look delicious. You lunch out looks fun too! I enjoyed this post and I am also enjoying your Vlogmas posts on Youtube! See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is always great to get out for lunch! In our busy busy world there never seems to be time to 'catch up'. The food looked so good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an upbeat post, Kathy, and nice that you were feeling so good, baking cookies and having lunch with friends. Hope your holiday season continues on such an uphill path.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.