Friday, December 8, 2023

IT'S EARLY MORNING AND I'M AWAKE


 Hello, friends.  Hope you are having a good day.  I am up nice and early this morning.  I always tend to wake up early.  When I worked, I couldn't get up in the morning, but since I retired, here I am wide awake at 3:00 a.m.  It gives me some "alone" time before Joe gets up.  And I tend to watch the Hallmark movies that I recorded.  It's not Joe's thing.  What I'm watching now is "A Fabled Holiday" which is one of my favorites.  I don't know if anyone else has noticed, but the new movies they have out this year are really good!

I'm listening to our Jack cat snoring.  He is pretty loud.  He has also been sneezing and coughing quite a bit.  He was at the vet about a month ago and we were told he had a virus and it would go away on its own.  But it hasn't.  So I called the vet yesterday and got an appointment for him for next week (the earliest they had).  Poor baby.  He has to get seen.  I also got an appointment the following week for George.  It's time for him to be neutered.  Hopefully this will make him calmer in a bit.  He is a real...  I don't even know what to call him.  He is into everything!

I also made an appointment for myself to get another barium test on my esophagus.  I hate doing those, but at least they are effective in getting to the bottom of what is going on with me.  Not being able to swallow well is no fun.  It's hard to believe that this all started 13 years ago (when I began this blog) and it is still going on.  On the other hand, I thank God for another 13 years of life here on earth.  I was pretty close to heaven back then and didn't even know it.

I made a couple of other calls I needed to but kept thinking I was forgetting something.  Then this morning I remembered the other doctor I was supposed to call.  So I will do that today and get myself all set up.  It will be good to enter the new year with everything under control.

Today I am going to concentrate on cleaning up the living room and baking some cookies.  What kind?  That's what I am trying to figure out.  I have so many good recipes.  What shall I do?  Sugar?  Peanut butter?  Snickerdoodles?  Spritz?  Norwegian wreaths?  Snowballs?  The list goes on and on.  What is your favorite?  I also want to get some decorating done.  I'm feeling really good right now, so I hope this lasts.  Maybe I should clean and bake before the sun comes up while I still have energy.

And on that note I am going to get off of here and get some things done.  Hope you will check back later.  I will try my best to write during this holiday season.

Until later...
Kathy


I made an apple pie the other day and it was really good!







4 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy. Glad you are getting all of your doctor appointments lined up. Waking in the middle of the night is not fun. Glad you have found a way to be productive. I hope you have a good weekend. Looking forward to another Vlogmas video. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I'm up early this Saturday Morning, awaiting the nice young plumber who drove over from out of town last night when a leak sprang into mischief, growing like kudzu, and filling a 5-gallon bucket almost fast as we could empty it. I love early morning, as well, for I went to work into the sunrise for twenty years, walking out of the house to the scent of coffee and the fireplace and a little spritz of Shalimar, and rode those seven miles to Memphis Music and Folgers .
    I'm so sorry you have to worry with your health and Kitty's as well, but so glad to know you're getting "seen to." Medical miracles are one of the magical things in life, and we discussed last night that though we'd love the sedate language and clothes and slow, mannerly life of Jane Austen's pages, we'd not go back to those remedies and poultices, thank you very much. Wishing you a wonderful Christmas season from the Heartland!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure what they're called . the cookies with the Hershey's kiss on top. Then choco chip, sugar . Not a fan of gingerbread though. Hope all is well with Docs/ Vets!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am an early riser as well and it's my favorite time of the day. No baking here yet, but next week, I plan to make some of our favorites, chocolate chip, molasses and peanut butter cookies. Hope that Jack, George and yourself will be feeling better after your appointments with vet and doctor.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.