Friday, September 1, 2023

WELCOME TO SEPTEMBER


 


Hello, friends!  Can you believe it is September already?  How did that happen?  It seems the year just slips on by without any of us noticing it.

September 1 is a special day because it begins the end of the year.  Before we know it, it will be December 31 and another year will begin.  *sigh*   Oh well, we can't stop time.

Every year for the past 10 years or so I have made spareribs for dinner on the first day of September.  This year I couldn't afford them.  I saw the price and gasped.  So, I am breaking with tradition.  I saw a pork roast for $5 on Manger's Special and I got that.  I am going to put barbecue sauce on it and that is going to be dinner.  I need to start the potato salad soon.  Don't know what else I'm going to have, but I'll have something.

It's time to start decorating for fall too.  So much to do.  I have to clean first though.  I don't know how so much junk gets into this house.  As I am going through things, I am asking myself, "Do you want to move this with you?"  Most of the time the answer is no and out it goes.  As I finish decorating, I will take pictures and show you.

I do love fall.  I love the colors.  I love the scents.  I love the flavors.  I just don't love what comes after fall.  So, I am going to soak up today and enjoy it.  Hope you enjoy the first of September too.  What are you doing today?

Until later...

Kathy







5 comments:

  1. It was good to get rain yesterday and it was a chilly day for awhile. Rained more when Phil and I left Panera when we ate with 2 dear friends. I did shopping this morning, knit more on my sweater and print something out from my cell phone. Adobe doesn't print things out correctly. I don't know how to get it to go away!! Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy. Yes, the year is going by quickly! I may actually decorate for fall this year. I totally understand about trying to get ready to move and having too much stuff. Been there, done that. Do you and Joe have any firm plans about moving? I hope you can sell your home and find somewhere that will work better for you! I enjoyed your Youtube today. You backyard looks really great! I always enjoy reading your blog and watching your Youtubes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Time is going by. I agree about the fall colors; so many reds,golds,yellows, beautiful. Moving does seem to make the discard
    pile just a bit easier.
    What did I do today? I took my dog to Petco for grooming. I took
    my other dog last Friday so now both are shaved & better able to cope
    with the upcoming heat. When I brought this one home, they played &
    wrestled like puppies! So cute!
    Hope you & Joe have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel the same as you...like fall (can't say love) but do not like what comes after it. Winter is hard, sigh. The year is going fast as usual!
    I don't decorate for fall until the first day of fall. We love summer too much I guess. =) There are so many leaves falling already and my summer wreath on the front door is looking a bit out of place!
    I hope your meal was fabulous even if it wasn't the usual. Food prices are up for sure. Thankful for the few discount grocery stores we have around here, although their prices have risen too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's true about the prices of meat!! Ridiculous!!
    We do a lot more chicken and pork these days...
    I need to get more fierce with my cleaning...Holidays coming.
    Happy week!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.