Saturday, September 23, 2023

IT'S FALL




 Hello, friends!  Happy Saturday and Happy First Day of Fall!  And what a day it is.  We are having major storms this weekend.  All weekend.  The guy I have to mow my grass is supposed to come today, but I doubt it.  It is only 6:00 a.m. and it is already raining.  Apparently this is part of Hurricane Ophelia and is hitting the entire east coast.  Oh well.  This will be a good day to clean the house.

Yesterday I went to the eye doctor for my annual checkup.  Great news.  Everything looks great and I didn't even have to get new glasses.  Dr. Moore said my eyes had changed so little that a new prescription wouldn't be needed.  Yay!

Let's see what else has been going on.  Well, I lost my calendar that I call my life book.  I have EVERYTHING in it.  I write not only reminders and appointments, but phone numbers, receipts, etc.  I had it, called my friend to set up a time to go to her house and help her set up her computer, and then it disappeared.  Yesterday I was sitting on the sofa and felt something hard pressing into my back.  I looked and there it was.  I actually kissed the book.  Funny thing is that I had been sitting in that exact spot for a week and it never showed up.  But I am SO glad to have it back.  Now I can get the paperwork I need to get my tooth pulled.

I have needed to have a tooth extracted since June.  I have seen four dentists who didn't want to do it because of my heart condition.  I could have a heart attack in the chair.  I finally ended up going to the hospital.  They have agreed to do it there because the ER is down the hall from their office.  I am very scared to have it done.  But it is getting worse all the time so I just have to suck it up.

Last weekend Joe and I were in Lancaster County celebrating our 17th wedding anniversary.  I have to write a post on that.  We had the best time ever.  I can't wait to go back.  Hopefully soon.

I really want to write more in here.  I just never seem to have the inclination or to know what to say anymore.  Life is...  well it's life right now.

But it's fall beginning today.  I love summer and fall is a close second because I love all the colors and smells.  But we all know what comes after fall.  My least liked season of the year.  In the meantime, I will enjoy what is going on now.  Except for this awful storm.

I am going to end now and get on with my day.  Hopefully I will be back next week and catch you up with some things.  Hopefully...

Until later.

Kathy








5 comments:

  1. So glad you found your book!! I know that feeling of losing something so important. It drives me nuts. I'm praying you can get the
    tooth taken care of. Happy though te doctors are being cautious.
    I love fall! I agree about all the colors, love the breezes.
    I adore the house at the end! Windows for lottsa light!
    Looking forward to the anniversary post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy, nice to see a new post. Belated very Happy 💐Anniversary wishes to you and Joe. I know how much you enjoy Lancaster County and am sure you had a wonderful adventure there. Great news on finding the calendar book and it always seems you find things in the last place you looked! We are having some rain today, but nothing more and hope your storm is just as mild.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy! Good to hear from you. Happy fall! So glad that you and Joe could get away to Lancaster County for your anniversary. So glad you found your "life book." I hope you have a good week. See you again soon, here on your blog or on Youtube.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad you had good eye appointment and not having to buy eyeglasses again. I haven't had to change mine for a few years. I enjoyed wearing contacts for years but last year I quit wearing contacts. I bought a new pair of glasses at Costco as they were cheaper than at eye Dr clinic. I hope you survived the stormy weather this weekend. We finally got rain Saturday and we still have it. I'm glad you found your book that you misplaced. Have a blessed week 🙏 ✨️ 💐

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.