Wednesday, August 16, 2023

THOUGHTS IN THE MIDDLE OF AUGUST


 

Can you believe it is the middle of August already?  Where has the summer gone?  Time seems to be flying by so quickly.

I just realized this morning how fast the year is going.  Although looking back it seems as if a lot has happened this year.  But fall is right around the corner and then the holidays and then...  2023 is almost over.

I know it doesn't seem as if it is almost over.  There are four and a half months to go.  Lots of time to do lots of things.  But I am thinking how fast my life is going.

Maybe it's because in four and a half months I will be hitting a milestone birthday.  One I am not looking forward to.  One I thought I would never see.

Maybe it's because I have seen four dentists now and still have no answer to what I am supposed to do about my tooth with the cavity under the gum.

Maybe it's because my cardiologist keeps telling me how close I am to a deadly stroke and life-threatening heart attack.  Every time I see him he tells me how fortunate I am to still be alive because I am on borrowed time.

Maybe it's because I so want to move out of this house and into one where I can get around better.  Being hardly able to do steps and living in a three storey (four if you count the basement) house is hard.  Very hard.  And very, very painful.

I want my life back.  I want the year back.  I want all of my problems to go away.  *sigh*

I guess I'm just feeling depressed today.  Because I have so very much to be thankful for.

For instance, I have a house to live in.  Some people live on the street.  Some people have nothing to eat.  I can have just about anything I want for breakfast, lunch and dinner.  I have a shower to use and clean clothes to wear.

I haven't died yet.  God is keeping me alive for whatever purpose He has for me.

I can teach Bible study, attend church, and even watch a live stream on TV if for some reason I can't make it to the service.

I have family and friends who love me and care about what happens to me.  I have a husband who loves me in spite of my defects.  And I have a God who loves me so much that He died for me and then chose me before the world began to be one of His own.

Sorry about this rambling.  I just felt that I needed to write all of this down and you were the perfect ones to spill my heart out to.  Thanks for being here to listen to me.  Or read me.  I do appreciate all of you so much.

Kathy



13 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy. Bless you, bless you! I can't imagine stairs!! Hubby has had 2 strokes this year and I had a hip replacement in July. (It was successful and I'm healing quickly.) We've wanted to move but things never aligned for that to happen. Circumstances can change fast. Our son is going to rent our house that is on acreage and we're moving to a smaller home. We are both at peace with this move. It's all happened so quickly and smoothly we know God is in this move. I'll pray for you and Joe to find the right place and be able to move. I know it will make your life easier.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honey, I can understand your wanting time to slow down...or to get back some time. Get that tooth pulled if you can. tooth infection is bad on your heart. You may need antibiotics during extraction. I had a dentist tell me this year ago. You must be feeling very low sweetheart, because normally you are upbeat. Sending hugs. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dentists won't pull it because my cancer medicine has made my bones brittle and they can break my jaw taking it out.

      Delete
  3. Hi Kathy. You are going through some really hard times. I want you to know that I am praying for you and Joe. I love how you ended this post counting your blessings. I don't think you realize what an inspiration and blessing you have been to me, since I found your blog almost five years ago. I was going through a really hard time and was very depressed and you were doing Blogmas on your blog and I looked forward to it every day. Your fun Blogmas posts really just blessed my life and gave me something to look forward to. I am so sorry that you are going through this. I know that God is there even in the hard times. I still really hope that we can meet up one day. I told my husband that if and when we visit Philly, we are going to meet up with Kathy and Joe! Sending you love, prayers and virtual hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bless your heart! It's oaky to get discouraged - we will pray you back to your sunny self. I admire your attitude of gratitude. Our times are in his hands.....Praying for you before I go to bed tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. With all you have on your plate ,it's ok to have some venting
    time. I'm sure your friends don't mind listening. I agree about
    how fast the time is going.(I'll be glad to see the end of this humidity!)
    I am glad you ended on a positive note.You are right that each
    of us have so much to be grateful for. I think of that every time I get
    a glass of water; how there are many people who have to walk
    miles for theirs. I am so blessed!! I am so loved by my heavenly
    Father!
    You & Joe are consistently in my prayers. Sending hugs & love

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry you're feeling low but I sure can understand why. I was looking at photos from years ago and wondered where that person went! The years sure do go by fast but sometimes our trials seem to drag along. Hang in there friend. You have many who are praying for you and Joe and hopefully a home will become available for you to make that change. It's hard growing older but I've learned to enjoy the celebration of life. As my hubby always says when people say "It's good to see you"..he says: "Better to be seen than viewed!" Hugs from Ohio Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Prayers. I understand...I have lived longer than my relatives...I attribute it to walking despite every step in pain, vegetarian since 1992...tons of water...and of course, the Lord keeping me around...prayers for you dear girl. (brenda)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Life isn't always good for anyone even though we want all things in life to go well. Looking from the hard times to the good spots in life makes us feel better. I've wanted a different house for years but ours has been paid off for a few years. I hope we can get new flooring soon, especially in living room, kitchen and dining room. I still use my cane when outdoors even when away from home. But I'm walking better. 🚶‍♀️ praying for you and Joe. Your post was understood and a good way to share life and hear from blogger friends. Have a blessed day 🙏 💐, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  9. You certainly are facing some big challenges. One floor living would be so much better. Oh how I long for that prayer to be answered for you!!
    Time is moving so fast...would like to savor the days for longer than they last. Not sure I'm ready for the end of August but it's coming so I may as well embrace it! Sending hugs and prayers to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, you have been dealing with so many issues, Kathy, from trying to clear things from your home to medical concerns. Any one would get someone down but as you said you have the love and support of family and friends and also fellow bloggers. Sharing what we're going through can help to loosen the burden of bearing it in silence, so vent all you want.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello from Texas...I'm new here. Seems you're a little down. I know you feel low right now so I'll just say, you're loved...you're blessed and you sound like someone whom I'd like to get to know better.
    We all have our trials and you're just in the middle of yours. It's going be be alright...especially with friends along to cheer you on!!
    Big Hug
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kathy, you DO have many people that care about you. That is a lot going on. If the dentist isn’t comfortable, he/she should refer you to an oral surgeon. How frustrating. Keep us in the loop, please!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.