Thursday, February 23, 2023

WHAT'S FOR DINNER?

 


Hello everyone.  Yes, I'm back again.  This is a post that I have been wanting to do for awhile and I'm finally getting around to it. I don't know about you, but I like to see what other people are having for dinner.  It gives me ideas for my own meals.  So if you are like me, you will like this post.  I'm going to show you a few of the meals I have been eating lately.  It is just too hard to take pictures of all my dinners.  I forget to do it a lot of times.  But here are some of them to show you.

One night I made one of my go-to pasta dishes -- Pasta with Peas and Bacon.  You can find the recipe on Good Morning America's page and I have it on here also.  It's under April 2020.  When Covid first began, Michael Symon was on the show (remote from his home) and did this recipe.  I copied it down and put my own little twist on it.  Basically, it is his.  I use a different cheese and instead of the Rigatoni that he used, I use whatever pasta I have in the house.  It's always good.  I should make it more often and maybe during Lent I will.  Without the bacon of course.


The next night I made stuffed peppers with two of the peppers my friend Kathy gave us.  I have made this for years and years.  It's my great-grandmother's recipe.  She learned it from a Hungarian lady she worked with.  Most people put their peppers in the oven with the sauce over them and bake them.  These peppers are boiled on top of the stove and the sauce is made separately and served separately.  Another recipe that is always good.


Another night I made fried rice.  This is always a good way to use up the bits and pieces hanging around the fridge.  I never make it the same way twice.  I add whatever I happen to have on hand.


This is a recipe that I made last week.  It is like a Sloppy Joe, but it is made with Campbell's Tomato Soup and is called a Souperburger.  I learned to make this when I was in high school.  I lost the recipe years ago, but was thinking about it and looked it up on Google.  There it was.  I like it so much better than a Sloppy Joe.  It has more flavor from the soup.  This is another one I have to remember to make more often.  I didn't have any rolls, so I just put it over a slice of bread.  But putting it on a hamburger or sandwich roll is the best way to do it.


Last night I was going to make macaroni and cheese.  I always use the Pioneer Woman's recipe.  It is the best I have ever made.  But Joe wasn't feeling well and went to bed.  By the time he got up and felt well enough to eat, it was pretty late.  So we just had grilled cheese sandwiches.

I have no idea what I am going to make tonight.  We just got an order from Shoprite yesterday.  I was almost out of meat and got a lot of it.  One of the things I bought was a ham steak and that is what I am thinking of making tonight.  I have some sweet potatoes that need to be used up so that would be perfect with it.  Let's see how that works out.

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope you all have a great day.

Kathy

4 comments:

  1. Love the recipes! I am going to check out the Souperburger. I really depend on the 'quickie' meals. Sometimes you just don't have the
    'umph' to do more. Or as I call them: one pan meals'.
    Thank you so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy. It's great to see you posting so much! I might try Souperburger tonight! Thanks for the ideas. Have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad that you are enjoying these home-cooked meals, Kathy. I would enjoy the pasta dish and the souperburger.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All your meals sound good! It's about time to think about dinner here and your grilled cheese sounds good and I will add some bacon to it to make it a hardier supper!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.