Friday, February 24, 2023

DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS?


 Hello, friends!  It's Friday!  The weekend is almost here.  I thought once I retired the weekend would be just like any other day, but it's not.  There is a different feel in the air.

This has been a sort of nothing day.  I still have stuff I have to do, but it's one of the days where I am too tired to do anything.  My mind says yes, but my body says no, take a nap.  Being woken up at 4:00 a.m. by a scammer phone call doesn't help either.  I made my mammogram appointment though, so I did something.  And Joe says the cat just threw up on the bed.  So whether I like it or not, the sheets have to be changed.

I have a question for all of you.  I am stumped on what to do for my YouTube channel.  I haven't posted in over a week because I can't think of anything to post.  It's different here where I can talk to you and show you a picture or two.  But I have NO IDEA what to do for a video.  Do any of you have an idea?

There are a few things I thought of.  I finished one EXCELLENT book called "The Girl in the Striped Dress" by Ellie Midwood.  I was going to review it but thought I should wait until I have a couple of more books finished.  But my reading has gone by the wayside.  I'm so tired I fall asleep with the book open in my hands.

I thought of posting a recipe, but I have done most of my good recipes.  *sigh*

I thought of a "Kathy Chat", but I don't know what to chat about.

Decor?  Forget that.  I have nothing until Easter.

Cleaning?  Do I really want people to see what a mess my house is?  Do I?  Or would that be a good idea?

So I am coming to you, dear friends, for help.  What would you like to see?  What would you definitely not watch?  I have not been having a lot of views lately and almost no comments.  Maybe it's time for me to give up the vlog and stick to the blog.  I really enjoy doing both, though.  And I have some trips coming up that would be really good to film.  Hmmm....

Please let me know what you think.  I trust all of you.  Thanks.

Kathy





11 comments:

  1. I like the descriptions of the trips you've taken with your sister and with your husband. It's a part of the country we all love to hear about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe taking a break and like the above comment, show your trips. That is always interesting to people I think. Seeing somewhere they've never been. With all my Bible studies and caregiving for my husband, my blog is my "enjoyment sharing time". Take care...Sure you will find the answer!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kathy, you are retired and now you will have six Saturdays and a Sunday on your weekly calendar..so yes your weekend will feel different. LOL I actually like the idea that Diane wrote . Your adventures with Joe and those with your sister always sound fun. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy. I always enjoy your Kathy Chat's, book reviews and grocery hauls. In other words, pretty much anything. Also, I would suggest praying and ask God if there is something He would want you to share. Just sayin'. I hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Say, I like watching many vlogs...I actually watch people rant about the prices of groceries, dig dirt and haul it away, declutter a cabinet, etc. I will watch anything that shows real life and real people. It doesn't have to be big and exciting. ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't watch vlogs. I do like reading your blog posts. You share about trips and food you buy and why you like them. Even though I retired 2020 I'm working part time to earn money to pay credit card bills done to zero. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't watched Vlogs and I know I wouldn't be able to think of things to video. I enjoy writing so I'll stick to that! I know many bloggers enjoy your recipes. Maybe you could Vlog your way through a cookbook you have and try some new recipes. I got a new cookbook a few years ago and decided to try everything in it. I have a bad habit of using the same old recipes so getting out of my comfort zone had me adding a few new ones. Have a good rest of this week Kathy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the recipes & hauls as I get ideas for dinners. I guess it's surprising that there are foods out there I never thought of making or combining for a meal! The nice thing is you tell us where you got your 'haul' so we know where to go. The trips are kinda cool too if one has not been there. I think most cities have places where the locals don't think to go for whatever reason. Originally I wasn't aware that there is an 'old time' post office in Independence Park. Really neat! Wonder if they'd let you take photos.....Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  9. what is your youtube channel, I can be your follower :D, I am semi-retired but still struggle to find time to do the things I wanted to do..keep vlogging and blogging which you enjoy doing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't be much help, Kathy, as I am only a blogger and really don't check out vlogs, although I have watched a few of yours in the past. Sometimes, I have a hard enough time thinking of what to write, so filming would be another task.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear, I'm not much help to you. I so rarely get to reading blogs and oh my, writing on mine is becoming increasingly rare these days. I'm so sorry I've not been a faithful follower of your vlog. I do admire you for doing it though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.