Saturday, October 22, 2022

MORE FALL COLOR


 

Hello, friends!  I hope you are having a wonderful Saturday.  It's the beginning of the day for me.  What I plan to do today is go pick up my groceries at Shoprite this morning and then clean and decorate the house.  I also have to bake some cookies because I have the treat at church tomorrow morning.  Several of us bring the treat once a month.  Then it is not a lot on any one of us.  So today I am trying a new recipe that I got from Google news for pumpkin cookies.  It is the season for pumpkin after all.  Joe also wants me to make him a pumpkin pie.

Joe is not feeling well.  He has been sick for almost a week with a sore throat, sinus infection and now he is beginning with an earache.  When it started going down to his chest, he decided enough was enough and called the doctor.  He wasn't able to get an appointment, but she ordered antibiotics for him.  We headed over to Target (there is a CVS in there that he uses) to get his medication.  He went inside while I stayed in the car.  While I was waiting for him, I took a couple of pictures of the trees in the parking lot.  We are starting to get color but there still isn't a lot.  We see the most color on our trees around the middle of November.



I love fall because of the colors and great temperatures.  I don't like fall because I know what is coming next.  Snow and cold temperatures.  *sigh*  But that is the way it is.  And after the winter comes the beautiful spring.

I had to call my GI doctor the other day because I had a question about my medication.  His nurse called me back because he is "out of the country for another week".  Must be nice!  He is a great doctor and he works hard so I am happy for him to have a chance to get away.

I made up another craft kit that I had.  I have so many more to do and will be starting another one today.  But this one was a Spooky Garland.  Not too spooky to me.  It wasn't too hard either.  I hung it on the window in the kitchen.  Looks good.


It's hard to see in this picture, but the beads are black, gray and white with a few wood tones thrown in.  And the metal part at the bottom says "Trick or Treat" although it is hard to see in this picture.  I made a video on it that is on my YouTube channel (Kathy's Happy Home).

What a video that is.  I could not find my camera anywhere.  I had bought a new camera to play around with and I had to use that.  The quality is not good.  But I did put it up because I wanted to get going with it.  Fortunately, I did find my camera, so I am all set to film for Sunday church and for next week.

And now I have to run.  It is time to leave to get our groceries.  Have a good weekend.  Hopefully I will see you tomorrow,

Until later...

Kathy







8 comments:

  1. I think I smell your pumpkin cookies! I like pumpkin cookies more than pie. Going to pop over to your YouTube channel and watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy! It is always nice to hear about what is going on with your and Joe. So sorry to hear that Joe is not feeling well. I hope he is better soon. The pumpkin cookies sound so delicious! I will have to get over to Youtube and watch your latest video. We are having a cold and rainy Saturday with snow expected here tomorrow! See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy, I hope the antibiotics help Joe recover quickly. It's just no fun being sick. I think your Halloween decoration is very unique. It's the perfect size for your kitchen window. I just HAD to buy a pumpkin pie this week at Costco and pumpkin cookies sound like they'd be really good too:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that garland! It’s super cute! Sure hope Joe feels much better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The garland is so right for that window! Really good! Sorry to hear about Joe feeling so ill. Hope his medicine works. I like the fall breezes but not looking forward to the ice & cold. I usually like winter but lately seem to feel it more. Waiting for a bus is no fun! I agree about the colors. Love those! Enjoy your haul & give Joe our best to feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am really glad that you were/are feeling up to doing a bit of crafting. I hope Joe is better by now. This is a hard time of year to be sick-heading into colder weather things just seem to hang on.

    Have a wonderful, blessed Wednesday! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry Joe was not feeling well. Hopefully he's better now. Crafting is relaxing, so gad you took the time to create. Sometimes we just have to make ourselves do it even when lots of 'to do' is waiting. =)
    Enjoy the last few days of October!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to read that Joe is still not feeling well and hope he is doing better this week. I hope you will enjoy the crafting as this is the best time of year with the holidays coming up. And, there's nothing like home baked goodies too and might help cheer Joe up too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.