Saturday, October 15, 2022

I'M SICK OF BEING SICK


 

Hello, friends.  I'll bet you thought I fell off the edge of the earth.  If there was an edge.  If the earth were flat.  Uh...

Well, I sort of felt that way.  I've been sick for over a week.  In fact, I haven't been out of the house in over a week even though the weather has been gorgeous.  Let me tell you what happened.

Last Thursday I began to feel slightly sick.  Then my stomach started rumbling and I started belching.  And then I knew.  It was the dreaded STOMACH VIRUS.  I have had a lot of them over the years, so I wasn't fooled.  I also knew that there was nothing I could do about it except let it run its course.  And that's exactly what it did.  I spent the first three days staying close to the bathroom and not eating very much.  In fact, I'm still not eating very much.  My friend asked me if I had lost weight by not eating but my scale broke, so I don't know.  But I would think so.  I just ordered a new scale from Amazon, and it is supposed to come tomorrow, so we'll see.

I haven't been to church, seen any of my friends (although I have talked to them on the phone) or even went into my yard.  I have been sick!

I am so happy that I am finally starting to feel better.  The past two days I have felt back to myself.  But an entire week of feeling sick was not fun.

Joe has been such a trooper.  He has cleaned.  He has cooked.  He has done dishes.  He has done laundry.  And he has taken care of me.  I couldn't ask for a better husband.  But I am so glad to be able to take care of myself again.

I made dinner last night and tonight I am getting ready to put some crab cakes in the air fryer.  I'm trying to decide what to have with them.  I'll find something.

One thing I definitely want to get done this weekend is decorating the house for fall.  I have been too sick to do that.  But when I do you know I will take some pictures to show you.

Since I am just rambling now, I am going to end.  It was so good to talk to you all again.  I have missed you.  Hopefully you will see me more often.  Take care everyone.

Until later...

Kathy








12 comments:

  1. Oh Kathy, I'm so sorry you've been sick. Feeling lousy is really hard especially as I age. There are enough of 'other ailments' to keep my spirits down. Glad you are recovering and so glad you have a good husband! Now, enjoy this fall season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to read you have been poorly Kathy, I'm hoping you are on the mend now, and can get your fall decorating started.
    There seems to be an awful lot of sickness going around lately, I hope it's not a sign of things to come this coming Winter.
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being sick isn't fun at all. I'm glad you're starting to feel better. Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy. So sorry you got a stomach bug. That is not fun at all. I hope that you are on the mend and completely better soon. You have such a wonderful husband in Joe. See you again soon, I hope.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate to hear you have been so sick! Stomach viruses are the worst. I know you’ve been miserable. I’m so glad to hear you are feeling better and hope this week is much better for you. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stomach bugs are HORRIBLE! Glad to hear you're on the mend.Husbands like Joe are such a blessing. A real treasure. Can't wait to see your decorations as you always do a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so glad you are feeling better. You have had a lot going on healthwise in the past few weeks/months. It takes it toll, doesn't it? I am so glad Joe is so good about helping out and taking care of you and other things. That is a blessing. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh how miserable. Joe is a good man to take care of things and you. So glad that you have turned the corner. Now don't overdo as you continue to recover. Happy decorating...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Kathy, It is good to hear that you are feeling better. There is nothing so miserable as being too sick to even get up and do a little bit. I hope you are truly on the mend and that you are able to do what you want to do in decorating for Fall. Tell Joe he is a gem!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you're feeling better and hope it stays that way. My daughter has some type of virus but almost over it. She stayed home from church today and slept for 2 hours on couch. She watered plants and filled bird bath as well. Lots of birds drinking it or washing themselves in it. Bird 🐦. Praying 🙏 stay better and I'm glad Joe cares for you. 💐

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sorry you've been sick, it's no fun. Glad you're on the mend, it is one good thing about being sick, once we get better we're so much more thankful, no taking it for granted, to feel fine! We've had a bad cold here, and were home quite a bit too...it's kind of nice to have some down time...but nicer to feel better!
    Della

    ReplyDelete
  12. So happy you are feeling better again! Being sick is not fun but how thankful that Joe is such a good caregiver. We've been passing around some cold symptoms in this house. Take care!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.