Tuesday, October 18, 2022

IT'S STARTING TO LOOK LIKE FALL


 Hello, friends!  Happy Tuesday.  I have to make this short because I am on my way to teach Bible Study.  We are in James chapter 4.  Heading towards the end of the book.  Instead of going on to 1 Peter, I think I am going to do what I did last year and take a break for Christmas.  Last year I concentrated on the story in Luke, so this year I think I will do Matthew.  It should be fun.

The trees really don't change color in this part of Pennsylvania until the beginning of November.  My friends who live in the mountainous part of the state are already in full bloom and the trees are gorgeous.  But around here not so much.  So imagine my surprise when on the way to church this week I saw some beautiful color down the street from where our church is located.  What caught my eye was the bright red of the sugar maple tree.



My next-door neighbors are in the fall spirit.  Kate did a beautiful job decorating the front of their house.



Me?  Because of being sick I haven't done much of anything.  This is the week to at least start.  I'll be showing you pictures soon.

I really have to run, but before I end, I thought I would show you a great picture our local news showed last night.  I paused the program and took a screen shot for you.  It really didn't turn out all that great colorwise, but it does show just how pretty our city is at night.  Liberty Place Two has a pink dome for Breast Cancer month.


And now I really have to get out of here and get ready.  I'm picking up my friend Debbie.  I also have a big bag of clothes to drop off at Salvation Army.  I'm trying hard to get things out of this house.

Hope you all have a great day and I will see you soon.

Until later...

Kathy








7 comments:

  1. I hope you feel good and enjoy your day! It sure is beautiful there at this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a great day and may you catch glimpses of autumn color like that gorgeous sugar maple. Your city has a beautiful skyline 🏙

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kathy. Sounds like you are feeling better. I am so glad. Philly is a beautiful city. You know that I really fell in love with the place when I spent several months there in 2016. Everyone we met was so kind and friendly and the history was just amazing. The food was darn good too. I want to bring my husband back to see Philly and you know that if we do, we want to meet up with you and Joe. I love that fall display that your neighbors have. So festive. You inspire me with all of your cleaning and getting things out of your home. I need to continue doing that as well since we are moving back into our home next summer. I hope you have a good weekend. It is always good to hear from you !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fall colors! I really like the "Autumn" at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy, The red maple tree is beautiful. I love seeing the leaves of the trees change color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it is wonderful that you are feeling well enough to start fall decorations. I hope your bible study went well. The picture of the city at night is beautiful. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the fall colours!
    Greetings from my tropical corner of the world!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.