Thursday, August 19, 2021

LATE SUMMER'S HOME


 Hello friends!  Welcome back.  I have not been keeping up very well, but then I haven't been feeling very well.  I am trying so hard to clean out the house and I end up just laying down and going to sleep.  I have been trying for a week to get the grass cut.  But it keeps on raining or else it is over 100*F (38*C).  I will try again tomorrow.

We went to Target today for Joe to pick up his medicine and get the few things we needed in groceries.  In the Dollar Spot I found a book that I just had to buy.  It is called "Meal in a Mug" and has tons of recipes that can be made in a mug and a microwave.  I have to try some of them and let you know how it turns out.

I thought I would show you today some of my late summer decorating.  Usually June and July I have lots of red, white and blue and flags.  But when August comes, I change it out to more summer topics.

This first picture is a little dark, but I hope you can see it.  I put these two gnomes on my shelf even though they are different scale.  Maybe one is a giant gnome and the other a dwarf?  Ha, ha!  Joe gave me the flower in the middle.

I have the blue truck and a "welcome" on the inside of the front door.


And my favorite wreath has replaced the flag and "America" sign on the outside of the front door.



There are some other things that I will show you as soon as I get it photographed.  The time is passing so quickly.

And now I need to go to bed.  I am falling asleep as I write this.  I'll be back soon.


Kathy






9 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful wreath on your door. Hope you are feeling better. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The two gnomes are cute! I like the idea of big & small, The flower is just right for the middle.I know what you mean about
    the weather. The humidity has both Russ & I feeling a bit 'off'.Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your wreath is beautiful!! I put out more summery things and don't change it till fall....Used to do a lot more decorating than I do now. Have a good Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm slowly getting the red, white and blue out and even leaning toward Fall as August is almost over. This month has flown by! I hope you're feeling better and I saw that Pennsylvania had some bad weather and tornadoes. I hope you weren't bothered by all that. This has been a toasty summer all over the US and getting outdoor work done has been a chore this year. Take care and enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the decorations too. I haven't been decorating as much lately, just trying to keep things a little neater. But it's never ending, isn't it! Take care and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I hate to read that you are feeling off. It is maddening when trying to get something accomplished and health gets in the way. You have learned the fine art of pacing yourself. I'm trying to learn.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your decorations are lovely. I hope you are feeling better soon. You have a super day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Kathy for showing us some of your decorations. Decorating makes a house feel like a home, right? I hope you feel better soon and don't push yourself to do things when you don't feel up to it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I sorry to hear how sick you've been lately. I do hope your doctors can figure it out and get you back on your feet soon. Don't worry about the yard and the housework. It will be there waiting for you when you are feeling better. Hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.