Monday, March 26, 2018

JOE'S TEMPERATURE BLANKET


I have been working on Joe's temperature blanket for three months now.  My blanket has gone by the wayside while I knit away on this one.  I want to get it done by his birthday on May 20. 

I have mentioned this before, but for those who don't know I went back to the weather history for 1958 and 1959 and wrote down the high temperature for each day.  Since Joe wanted a blue blanket I bought all different shades of blue to use.  I couldn't get enough blue, so I added two shades of green also.  Then I assigned a color to each 10 degree Fahrenheit range and started knitting away.  I am using navy to create the border top and bottom and to separate each month.

This morning I took pictures of each month.  The first one is from May 20 to June 30, 1958.


July 1958

August 1958

September 1958

October 1958

And finally November 1958 which I finished this morning.  I am now half-way finished.

Here is a picture of the entire blanket so far.  You can see the temperatures getting colder as you go up the blanket.

And now here's the bad news for today.  As I was taking these pictures this morning I was leaning over to get in tight on the months.  I straightened up and felt a sharp pain in my lower back.  Yes, my spine went out and I am in severe (may I say extreme?) pain.  I have spent the entire day flat on my back watching youtube videos and sleeping.  I have so much to do this week!

On the good side I watched three documentaries on the secrets of Westminster Abbey, who were the ancient Vikings and was there really a King Arthur.  Tonight I watched lifestyle mavern Mary Berry preparing dishes for Easter.  My mind, when it wasn't asleep, was at least getting educated.

We even called out for dinner tonight, something I've been trying not to do because money is tight but I just couldn't stand to cook.

I went onto google and read that Tylenol is very effective on back pain so I just took two extra strength tablets and hopefully they will help.  I need help!  Please pray if you will.  Yesterday a burned arm that is all blistered today and now a really painful back which makes it almost impossible for me to walk.  I don't know what 
God is trying to teach me, but whatever it is I hope I learn it.

That's about all I can sit up for, so I'm going to end and lay down again.  Hope you all have a good night.

Kathy

17 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy, the blanket is coming out amazing. I just finished a black and white shell stitch (crochet) afghan and now Im working on a "grit stitch" afghan for me. Ouch.. Sounds like you've been through it in the last 24 hours.. Both injuries sound very painful. I do hope the Tylenol works and please keep an eye on that arm for infection.. Praying you will feel better and heal quickly XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Robyn, thanks so much for stopping by. Your afghan sounds so pretty. Glad to meet another crafter.

      Yes, I've really done a number on myself with my injuries. My arm is bandaged up to protect it and so no dirt gets on it. The blisters are little but painful. I'm sure I'll be fine by the end of the week. It could have been so much worse. It's my back that is the biggest annoyance. Can I say it's a pain in my back? LOL.

      Delete
  2. I enjoy reading your posts and felt the need to let you know that I will add you to my prayer list, hoping you feel better soon. The blanket is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Kathie for your kind words and your prayers. It was so nice of you to stop by my little blog and let me know you are here. I'm glad you like the blanket!

      Delete
  3. Nice idea for a blanket. Owie for your back pain! Hope it gets better! Yep, ya just have to go on and be strong in the hard times. My prayers for you that pain will subside so you can get back to normal. I had a massage on Sat and it has made me feel better. My right hip hurt alot before that but it's better now. Sigh...getting old isn't for sissies, i've been told! Gently hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Becky. I'm trying my best to go on, but this pain is bad. The Tylenol is helping though. I don't like to take a lot of it, but I will for a day or so to get through this time. You are so right about getting old. But this is from an injury I had in my 20s so I guess I am an old soul as they say.

      Delete
  4. Oh,Kathy...your back! I really pray the Tylenol helps it. The blanket is beautiful! All those shades of blue...Take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tylenol is helping but this morning I reinjured it. Darn that Jack. Glad you like the blanket. It's turning out nice.

      Delete
  5. The blanket is wonderful! I like the colors very much! Cool colors to keep Joe toasty warm.

    Yes, praying for your back and the burned arm. It sounds purely miserable. It is serious, yet you made me chuckle. We are all in the boat of hoping to quickly learn whatever God is teaching us. Perhaps it is as simple as turning to Him in every situation, every need.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The burn then the back. Now this morning it was feeling good and I reinjured it. I feel like Job.

      Delete
  6. Oops! I forgot to add another Mary Berry program to your viewing list. I just watched Mary at Highclere Castle and it was delightful. I learned so much...and I may have dozed while watching myself. 🙂

    Easter blessings to you...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Vee. I think I've seen that one but I will check it out. I like Mary Berry very much. Did you see the video where she met the Queen?

      Delete
  7. Praying for healing both of your arm and your back. It sometimes goes from bad to worse, so praying good days are definitely ahead. I love the blanket you are making, and you inspired me to begin one. Yours is beautiful and he will love it. Have a better Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, your blanket is coming along quite nicely. Hubby is going to love it. Gosh, I feel so bad for you. I'm hoping your back is better really soon, and that the burn blisters heal with no infections. Goodness, you have quite a bit on your plate. Here's hoping that things get better for you soon. You have a restful day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. First off I am praying for your back. How awful, Kathy!!!! That blanket is just beautiful. I had never heard of a temperature blanket until I saw it on your blog. The one for Joe is beautiful and I know he is going to love it.

    I am glad you enjoyed some documentaries but wish it was by choice but not because you were in pain because of your back. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.