Tuesday, March 27, 2018

ANOTHER DAY FLAT ON MY BACK



It's so hard for me to get my head around the fact that my favorite week of the entire year has turned into a week of pain.  I took some more Tylenol before I went to bed last night and this morning woke up feeling pretty good.  My back was tender, but I could tell it was healing.

I was sitting on the sofa writing out my to-do list for the day when Jack the cat started throwing up.  And not only did he throw up on the rug, but began scratching at a pile of filing I had on the coffee table, throwing it to the floor and tearing all the pieces of my income taxes to shreds.  I yelled at him and went to pick up everything.  When I leaned over a sharp pain ripped through my back and I screamed.  Now my back is worse than ever.  I have so much to do to get ready for Easter -- so much cleaning, baking, shopping.  And I can do nothing.  I even cancelled Bible Study this morning because there was no way I could get there.

So to comfort myself I ate my Peeps that I was saving for Easter.





If you've been reading this blog for any length of time, you know I love my Peeps.  But just in case any of you get the wrong idea, I did not sit down and eat the whole two boxes in one sitting.  Nor did I eat them all in one day.  They have been slowly disappearing over the past several weeks.  I just finished them off today.

So please keep praying.  I am going to take some Tylenol and go to bed now.  Hopefully by morning I will feel much better.  Joe has a doctor's appointment tomorrow at the V.A. Hospital and I can't drive him there so he is taking the train and the bus in.  I am planning to try to get to Bible Study tomorrow night.  We'll see how that goes.  I was able to make dinner tonight and I am taking that as a good sign.

Good night all.  Have a good evening.

Kathy



6 comments:

  1. Backs can be tricky. Glad you felt well enough to make dinner. Hope you feel a bit better each day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Main thing is to take care of you and your back.....other things will be there when you are able to do them. Praying for healing. I havent thought of Peeps in ages, but do enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no! Guess that your motto must be: No Sudden Moves.

    I like Peeps, too. So far, I have avoided them, but you are making that challenging.

    Praying for you...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, I feel so bad for you. A sore back is not a good thing. Have you thought of wearing a back brace? It might make it easier for you to move about without pain. The new braces are easy to wear and are not bulky.

    I had to laugh about you eating your peeps. Last night I polished half a package of purple bunny peeps. It must be the child in us that enjoys them so.

    Hope you are better soon. You have a good day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry! Please take your time in getting better....I know how back pain feels and how it effect every single move. Praying for you both!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.