Friday, November 10, 2017

HALLMARK MOVIES OF THE WEEK


So far this season I have watched 20 Christmas movies.  Twenty!  I can't possibly tell you about all of them, so here are just a few of the ones I enjoyed.


A Royal Christmas (2014)
Image result 
Prince Leopold, heir to the throne of Cordinia, wishes to marry his young love Emily Taylor, a humble seamstress from Philadelphia. But Leopold's mother, Queen Isadora has other plans for her son.  Stars Lacey Chabert, Stephen Hagan, Jane Seymour and Katie Flynn.  (I've seen this last year and this year.  One of my favorites.  Philadelphia, of course, was a draw.)

I'm Not Ready for Christmas (2015)
Image result for i'm not ready for christmas 
Holly's world is turned upside down when her niece's wish to Santa Claus comes true and she cannot tell a lie. As her career and love life go into disarray, she must learn to judge between the truth and what is right.  Stars Alicia Witt, George Stults and Brigid Brannagh.  (I've seen this three times: 2015, 2016, 2017.  What happens when you can't tell a lie?)

Christmas in Homestead (2016)

Image result
An actress heads to the Christmas-obsessed town of Homestead, Iowa, to shoot a holiday-themed movie. She is shocked when a romance blooms with Matt, a single dad. As she gets a taste of small-town life, she discovers the true meaning of Christmas.  Stars Taylor Cole and Michael Rady.  (I've seen it twice 2016 and 2017.  Again, although it's predictable, it's a favorite.)

Christmas Under Wraps (2014)

Image result
After unexpectedly moving to Alaska, an ambitious doctor starts a new romance and learns that her small town is hiding a holiday secret.  Stars Candace Cameron Bure, Brian Doyle-Murray, and Robert Pine.  (I've seen it twice 2016 and 2017 and am looking forward to watching it next year.  Such a good story.)

Sleigh Bells Ring (2016)
Image result
A busy single mother (Erin Cahill) begins organizing her city's Christmas parade. While prop hunting, she finds a beautiful sleigh that seems to have a mind of its own, and it begins nudging her back to an old flame (David Alpay).  (I want to say I watched it last year and this year but in actuality I fell asleep last year and even though I woke up and rewound it and tried to rewatch it, I must have been missing large portions of it because it didn't make sense to me.  This year, however, I really enjoyed it.  Great story of true love.)

I'll be back next week with some more movies to recommend to you.

Kathy

13 days to Thanksgiving
45 days to Christmas
52 days to New Year's Eve

 


10 comments:

  1. The movies sound warm & fuzzy...just right for now! I can't belive the forecast as I type this. 35 mph wind gusts,temps in the 20's...even a person who likes the cold (I do) this is just a bit drastic when yesterday was sunny & 60 degrees! Perfect day for watching movies! I'll be reading. Stay snuggled in your blankie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl, how many days till spring?? LOL. Kathy you made me laugh with your count downs. Bless your heart. I just can't watch too many of those movie. One here and there till the season is over.Maybe. Blessings to you and Joe, stay warm, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet Kathy...looks as if you really enjoying the season of Thanksgiving and heading straight toward Christmas...just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing some of your favs. I love watching movies when the weather's not nice and you can snuggle inside! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have watched the exact same movies and enjoy each and every one. I always look forward to the next new one! Happy weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not seen these, but I must say that I have slept through many movie scenes and I really hate falling asleep just before the end of the movie. Happens all too often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hallmark Movies are always good with good endings! Christmas is coming FAST!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love Hallmark movies! I've seen most of the ones you highlighted here. One of my favorites is A dog named Christmas. Haven't seen it yet this year. And my all time favorite Christmas movie is Preachers Wife. Gotta pull out that DVD soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im watching Hallmark movies too...tho maybe not as many as you. Its a pleasure to sit and watch something that is wholesome and you dont have to be embarrassed to watch with others. Plus they make me feel good and excited for Christmas. Keep those recommendations coming x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am definitely going to be watching some Christmas movies after this. Elf is always going to be my first choice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.