Wednesday, November 8, 2017

CLOSING OUT OCTOBER


And now we are into the last quarter of the year.  Another month is under our belt and we are moving into the colder weather.  October was an interesting month.

On the 5th my little great-granddaughter turned 2 months old.  It seems like yesterday her mom was pregnant.  No, it seems like yesterday her mom was going to her high school prom!  Hadley is a joy to the entire family.

The pumpkins and mums came out this month and I got my first pumpkin muffin.  Unfortunately it was my last pumpkin muffin because for some reason I got really sick on it.  So now I've developed an allergy to something in the muffin.  I know it's not the pumpkin because I've eaten other pumpkin stuff and been all right.

We got a big Harvest Moon the beginning of the month.  I tried to get good pictures of it, but got so-so pictures.  It was huge!

I watched a lot of Hallmark movies -- ending summer and starting fall.  I love the fall movies.  There's just not enough of them.  And now I've started watching the Christmas movies.  I still feel fall in the air, but I'm starting to feel Christmas too.

Joe and I spent a couple of days in Lancaster County for a little get-away.  We really needed it and had so much fun.  One of the best parts is I got to meet my blog friend, Doris and her grandson Noah.  It was as if we had known each other forever.   We are now friends for life.

We hired a property management team to clean up our horrible yard.  It had gotten away from me and was just more than I could handle.  They did a fantastic job and even put up a privacy fence for us.

My house started looking like Autumn.  I got lots of decorations up.  And I'm not even using most of them this year.

On the 24th Joe had his first cataract surgery.  What a difference it has made in his life.  Running back and forth to the doctor hasn't been too bad.  His next one is scheduled for after Thanksgiving.

And finally there was Halloween.  What a fun day except it was so cold.  Yes, cold weather is finally here.  Halloween is a lot more fun when I don't have to work and rush home missing a lot of the kids.  Sometimes when I worked until 9 p.m. I missed the entire thing.

Here are some of my sunset pictures from October:

The 19th

The 22nd

The 23rd

The 25th

I don't have a picture of the temperature afghan.  I haven't really worked on it much this month.  I have been working hard on getting the baby afghan finished by the end of the month.  Once I get caught up with it, I'll take a picture and post it.

Finally, here is the Breathtaking Views calendar for this month.  It is of Venice Beach in Los Angeles, CA.  It looks so nice and I wish I were there now.


So goodbye October and hello November.  The holidays are here.

 


14 comments:

  1. Enjoy the pretty fall weather while you can, because it wont be too long until Mr. Winter arrives.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you were able to get your yard cleaned up before winter. That will be so nice for you. And I'm happy that the surgery was a success. Enjoy your day sweet lady! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad the yard is cleaned up too. It will make it that much easier in spring.

      Delete
  3. Kathy, I love the photos. My head is spinning at how quickly summer came and went and now we are halfway thru fall. Blessings to you and Joe, hope all is going well. xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Each year seems to go faster than the last. I wish time would slow down a bit. Except for winter. That can go quickly.

      Delete
  4. I hope your winter is as enjoyable as your fall! Great sunset photos! Hope you and Joe stay healthy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Linda. Hope all is good with you.

      Delete
  5. I love these recaps of the months posts you do here, Kathy. It sounds like things are on the upbeat for you right now...Now--just to keep Joe and you healthy!

    I hope your November is wonderful, too. xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoy them. I do these for myself to remember things and I'm never sure if anyone else cares.

      Delete
  6. Meeting you and Joe was a highlight for me as well!! It's very chilly here but the leaves are finally pretty. I'm ok with that....but I struggle with being cold. We don't keep this big house very warm, well not warm enough for me anyway ;-)
    Enjoy good health, chilly weather, and the month of November!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your recaps are always fun! Love the photos and am so glad the cataract surgery went well.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is amazing how time passes. Seeing your recaps helps recall some really nice days!
    Sunsets are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'ts amazing how close Thanksgiving is now! Glad Joe's cataract surgery went well and hopefully his vision will be much better with the second one done. Phil pruned that last bit of rose bush out front and all the other limbs are done now too from the tree. Just need to keep up with the leaves! Sigh! Have a blessed week!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.