Wednesday, November 22, 2017

GIVING THANKS



Tomorrow is Thanksgiving.  How quickly it came.  I hate when people call it "Turkey Day."  The day is about so much more than eating turkey and all the trimmings.  Look at the word.  Thanks.  Giving.  Giving thanks.  And we have so very much to be thankful for.

I haven't been able to get online much this week.  Not only is there a million things to do before tomorrow, but Joe and I both got sick.  His is a virus.  Mine is a bacterial infection.  Both bad.  Yesterday we both went to our doctors.  We have different doctors so it meant two trips.  But we both have medication which is helping us to no end.  Although I just ate a bagel for breakfast and now feel as though it really wasn't a good idea.

I hope I feel better than this tomorrow.  Joe and I are heading to Lancaster County for dinner.  We made the reservations last month when we were out there.  I've been looking forward to it all month but if I feel the way I feel now, food is the last thing I want to see.

My house is still a wreck.  I try so hard and will get one spot cleaned up but then look around and there's a dozen more to work on.  Are any of you like that?  But at least I'm trying and that's what counts.

Yesterday Debbie and I made a day of shopping.  We began by going to my doctor (isn't that exciting) so I could get some medication.  Then we headed to Salvation Army.  Debbie had six bags of items to donate and I had one and a winter coat that doesn't fit me anymore.  Then we headed to Target.  I got a few stocking stuffer gifts and some household things like hand soap and air freshener.

Our final stop was Shop Rite.  I haven't been shopping in a couple of weeks so I was all out of so many things.  But I still spent only $125 and it will last us two weeks or a little bit more so I don't think that's so bad.  Debbie and I go to Shop Rite on Tuesdays because that's Senior Citizen Day.  We get 5% off our bill.  Yesterday I saved over $6.  They never ask if we're over 60, they just automatically give it to us.  I guess we look old.  Ha, ha!

I do a lot of online jigsaw puzzles.  The other day I bought a Thanksgiving collection.  They are so pretty that I am photographing them from the computer screen.  I thought I would share the three I've completed with you.  I hope you like them too.





I think I will do a couple more before I begin my day.

And that will about do it.  We have our annual Pie and Praise meeting at church tonight and hopefully I will be doing an extra post today on that.  Then Thanksgiving tomorrow.

So until later, have a wonderful day.

Kathy

1 day to Thanksgiving
33 days to Christmas
40 days to New Year's Day





11 comments:

  1. I hope you feel well enough to go to your nice dinner. And I do a lot of jigsaw puzzles online too. I worked on an Autumn collection last night. Have a good day my friend. Happy Thanksgiving! Hugs, Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you guys feel better soon, or at least good enough to enjoy your dinner tomorrow!
    Happy Thanksgiving!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the poster at the end!
    I do so hope you and Joe are both feeling better soon! No fun to be sick but even worse when it’s a holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Thanksgiving to you and Joe and pray you are both feeling much better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's hoping that both of you are feeling much better really soon. I agree, we have so much to be thankful for. Pogo and I wish you a very Happy Thanksgiving. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I totally agree about the "Turkey Day" name. It's THANKSGIVING!

    I pray that you and Joe are completely well, to enjoy your tonight,time away and Thanksgiving.

    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so very sorry you aren't feeling well! I've been thinking about you so much and your trip to Lancaster. I hope you feel better so you don't miss it!! Noah has been ill too. Today seems to be a turnaround for him and we are thankful.
    God bless your day. Praying for good health for you both!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I am sorry that you and your husband are under the weather. Hope that the meds kick in enough to allow you to continue with your plans.

    Re: The House...Have you ever tried Flylady’s plan for keeping house? It helped me a lot and I still folliw the habits I cultivated from her plan. One of the most fun is the 27-Fling Boogie. I do it a couple of times a week. I still have too much stuff, but the sink is usually shiny and I don’t fret about having a guest use the restroom. (Don’t look under the bed, though! )

    Your puzzle puctures are very pretty!

    🦃Happy Thanksgiving (and Thanksgiving can be whenever you need it to be)!

    ReplyDelete
  9. hope and pray you and Joe feel well enough to travel and eat on Thanksgiving. We are staying home and eating ham and fixings. Warm weather with high humidity makes it a different feeling for this season of thanks! Thanks for sharing photos of puzzles you put together. And many thanks for all God has given us for us to live on and continued praises to His name. Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Thanksgiving! This lovely lady's way has worked for millions for keeping their homes: http://www.flylady.net/ may be something there for you. I love your blog, so uplifting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many things to be thankful for! Being able to see your doctors,meds that are working,having each other and the biggest blessing...knowing our Savior!Praying you & Joe will be well enough to enjoy your dinner.If you decide to eat at home,serve it on a fun paper plate or a rarely used dish. Dress it up! (mood lifter!). Thank you for sharing the poem at the end. i may never see dirty dishes the same way...
    I'm thankful for your friendship. Happy Thanksgiving!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.