Thursday, August 24, 2017

WORKING IN THE GARDEN


OK where is August and what have you done with her?  Have you ever seen a month go so fast?  It's like I turned around and it's the end of the month already.  July went OK.  Even June was a good little month and walked along at a decent pace.  But August?  She's running a marathon, I think.  Nevertheless it's heading into the last week of the month.  And my garden is a mess!  I mean a MESS!!!



 It has never been this bad.  I think it's because of all the rain we've had (I could never get out there to work) and my busy schedule.  Also my arthritis makes it painful for me to do what I once did.  But Joe and I made a stab at cleaning up the other day.  We still have a long way to go, but at least we started.


Joe got out his saw and started working on the weed trees.
 
 I did a lot of weeding.

As I was working on my earthbox, an insect jumped off of a plant and flew away.  It was so perfectly colored that it was camouflaged and startled me.  I saw where it landed and went over to see what it was.  It's a praying mantis.  Cool!




Look at all the trees Joe cut down.  I started cutting them into pieces but my hands gave out so I have to go finish that today so it can go into the trash tomorrow.
 


The pot of coleus is looking lovely.
 

My fairy garden has been unearthed.  Literally.  I still need to wash them off, but they are there.

So much more to do.  At least it's better than it was.  I'm looking to hiring someone to help me with it.  It's just more than I can do at this point.  It's tough growing old. 

Kathy
 

5 comments:

  1. The rain we have gotten this summer surely did make all things grow!! My hubby is our gardener. Thank goodness, if it was up to me I'd have to hire someone. You too did good....but hiring help sounds like a fabulous plan :)
    Agree, August has gone by way too quickly. Grandkids return to school today. Where has the summer gone?!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. August is flying by! I love your yard.Coleus is my absolute favorite.The colors,and even leaf shapes,are so varied & colorful! They are my go to plants for spring planting. It might be better to hire help.Wonder what 'surprises' that person may discover?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gardening in August is such a pain. Yours looks like you got all the rain this summer. We got rain but it got really dry in the last few weeks. Now my flowers look like they do every year in August. The colors are faded. Our grass nearly died because of the hot burning sun. Oh well, life will grow into it again.
    I like your coleus. I try to have a pot of coleus every year. They sure get thirsty though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do not like yard/garden work so we do a minimum and have always hired the mowing, trimming and edging. Joe can't do it and I refuse. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It might be better to hire help.Wonder what 'surprises' that person may discover?


    หีฟิต

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.