Saturday, July 4, 2015

FOURTH OF JULY AND JULY PHOTO CHALLENGE #4 -- SPARKLE


Happy Independence Day everyone!  Hope you all had a wonderful day.  What did I do all day?  I slept!  Yep, I was having a hard time last night falling asleep.  Finally around 3 a.m. I turned off the TV, turned off the computer, turned off the lights and wandered upstairs to bed.  I was still awake around 5 a.m. and then the next thing I knew it was 11 a.m.!  I couldn't believe I slept that long.  I was tempted to turn over and sleep some more, but got myself up and made us blueberry pancakes for breakfast.  They were good!


I made a list of things I needed to get done today.  What did I do?  I went back to sleep.  I can't believe how much I slept today.

When I finally got up this afternoon I did a load of wash and made potato salad for dinner.  We just had hot dogs, potato salad and ice cream.  Not a lot, but neither of us was hungry.

There were lots of fireworks tonight.  In fact as I write this it is almost midnight and they are still shooting them off across the street.  I don't think I'll be getting much sleep tonight so it's good I slept today.  I also watched some from the back of the house that were being set off by one of the other neighborhoods.  And of course there were the ones by the Art Museum that are set off every year.  They are always wonderful.  These are just a few of the many photos I took.








 I guess these could be the "Sparkle" pictures for my photo challenge today, but I'll show you one more which will be my official photo challenge picture.  I wanted patriotic nailpolish so used some of my sparkle blue and put a coat of sparkle white and red on top of it.  I like the way it turned out and will do it again.


 I could have also used my sparkly USA T-shirt I wore today.
 
I couldn't have used Joe, though.  Nothing sparkly about him except his personality.  Oh, maybe his smile.

 
Hope you had a great holiday.  I'll see you tomorrow.

Kathy

 

5 comments:

  1. The pancakes look delicious! You must have needed the rest. Glad you got it. Love your nails!
    Real sparkly! How true the Peanuts comic is. Statistics say more pets run away on the fourth from fright than any other day, Let's keep them safe & indoors away from the noise.
    Thanks for the photos. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, You must have been worn out. LOL. Joe has a great smile. I love the peanuts toon. My daughter always does up her nails for the fourth. Hope you got caught up on your rest. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a quiet 4th. Church this morning and still grey and rainy. Hope you caught up on your sleep and made it to church this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. aw, the fireworks. I took photos of them at the rodeo on Friday evening. They always have fireworks, all 3 evenings. We have sat where we don't have to move to see the fireworks, when we go. We stayed home and had a quiet day, in the cool house. It's been hot here. Made "angelic" eggs to go with hamburgers for dinner. My toenails are painted a nice red. Did not do my fingernails but I should. Maybe today. Take care and you both have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your fingernails are so pretty and sparkly! It looks like you had a great fireworks display!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.