Saturday, December 6, 2014

DECORATING ON MY DAY OFF


Today is St. Nicholas Day.   Although it is not commonly celebrated in the United States, Joe and I celebrate it.  It is sort of a pre-Christmas to us.  We give each other little things like candy or travel-size products we use or Christmas socks.  Sometimes I bake for it.  It's a fun thing that we do with each other.

I am trying so hard to get ready for Christmas.  I did so much on my day off yesterday, but there is SO MUCH more to do.  How did my house get so messy?  If only I could just stay home for the next 19 days I could finish.  But instead I have to deal with work.  *sigh*

I thought I would show you the few things I got done.


 I like to decorate the table you see when you first walk in the door.  I bought the candle holder this year and I can leave it up through January.  The Santa was given to me by my sister years ago.  It's like a ceramic paper bag.  I'm getting candy to put into it.


This is the first time I have put a wreath on my mirror.  I think it looks great.  Why didn't I do this before?



We have been lighting our Advent Wreath all week.  It's very special to have Advent devotions during this season.

Tonight I made vegetable soup for dinner.  I had gotten some soup greens last week to try it out.  It turned out so good and was so easy.  I will definitely be making it again.


I am taking Joe to the doctor this morning before I go to work.  He was fortunate enough to get an appointment right away.  My throat is feeling better although I still have a wicked ear ache.  My appointment is for Tuesday, but if I keep improving, I may cancel it.  We'll see.

Now it's off to get ready for work.  Until later...

Kathy
----------------------------------------------------
 Friday's weather
Overcast
High:  45 degrees
Low:  36 degrees
Sunrise:  7:07 a.m.
Sunset:  4:36 p.m.
9 hours and 32 minutes of daylight   

1 comment:

  1. The soup looks delicious..especially in this chilly weather. The wreath looks pretty.The reason you never thought of it before is because there needs to be something new (& different) each year. Your perspective changes.I really like the prayer. Hope Joe is okay.
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.