Thursday, December 25, 2014

CHRISTMAS EVE



This will be short because it is 3 a.m. and I am still wrapping gifts and trying to get the tree up.  Yep, it's been one of those years.  I am so looking forward to a couple of years from now when I will be retired and things will be able to be under control.  Uh...  well I HOPE by then things will be under control.

Anyway, I worked until 3 p.m.  It was dead in the library.  There weren't even any kids in there and that is very unusual.  When we closed at 3:00 there was only one person in there and he's ALWAYS in there when we close.

After work Diane and I headed for Dollar Tree to finish up our very last shopping. It was pouring rain all day.  This was no exception.  At least it wasn't snow.  You know you can never spend a dollar in a dollar store.  At the end I had gift wrap, stocking stuffers and all but one gift.  Plus some Kathy stuff.  You know what that is, don't you?

I brought Diane over to my house to meet Snowy.  She is an animal lover and she had never seen Snowy.  Then Joe and I took her home.  We were going to go to Shop Rite, but didn't have time because we wanted to eat before we went to church.

I made pasta and meatballs in tomato sauce.  It turned out good.  Then we got ready for church.

We got there really late.  It's hard when it starts at 6:30.  I wish it had started a half hour later and we would have been OK.  Most of the people in the congregation do not work on Christmas Eve.  But I do!

Miss A was NOT wearing pink tonight.  Almost all of her clothes are pink and I tease her parents about it all the time.  Tonight she was wearing a sparkly red dress that her grandmother had bought for her.  Here are a few pictures of her with her other grandmother and her mom.




She was so excited and running all over the place.  She kept taking her hair bow off and throwing it.  She also discovered that if you are in stocking feet on a shiny wooden floor you slide and go boom.  She would climb up in my lap, look at me, climb down and take off again.  I was told I am officially her "adopted grandma" and I love every minute of it.  Children really make a Christmas.  Especially when it is her first one.



Grandpa loves his little princess.
 We tried to go to Shop Rite to get a few things, but they had already closed.  We went to Wawa and 7-11 but they didn't have what we needed either.  Hopefully we can find something open tomorrow.  But I have a feeling we won't.

Back to wrapping.  I have a long drive in front of me later today.  I have a feeling I'm going to sleep well tomorrow.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Kathy

4 comments:

  1. I LOVE Miss A's dress!! So pretty! I think she'll have lots of fun doing 'slide-and-go-boom'. Some of us didn't outgrow it; isn't that how the sock hop came to be? Fun!
    I'm writing this Christmas Day & looking forward to all the cartoons (yes,cartoon) & specials that're on today.My faves are both the Albert Finney & Alistair Sims Scrooges plus we have Rudolph! Despite the weather we're going to IHOP for brunch.It's only around the corner so it's easy.
    Thank you for aharing all your photos. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss A's dress is adorable, as is she. I know you must be worn out...hope you can make that drive without getting sleepy. Loved the pictures and thanks for sharing. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Merry Christmas Kathy and Joe. xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas. I had to go to Walgreens today for gift card as gift for reciever did not work out. Sigh. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.