Wednesday, July 25, 2012

A DAY OF FRIENDS

Friends here.  Friends there.  Friends, friends everywhere!  Everywhere I turned today there was a friend.

It began with me going to my friend Donna's house for lunch.  Donna and I met at the library when I waited on her.  We began talking, hit it off, and became close friends.  She is so sweet and I love spending time with her.  Donna had invited me for lunch a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't make it.  So we arranged for me to go to her house today.  She lives close by the library, so it was easy for me to do this.  She made these delicious chicken salad sandwiches on onion rolls.  So good.

When I got back to work, my friend Debbie was just leaving.  She stayed a few more minutes and we got to talk.  I haven't seen her in awhile and it was good to catch up.

Then my friend Charlie from Tuesday Morning Bible Study came into the library.  It was really busy so I couldn't talk to him much, but it was good to see him.
 
Tonight Walt, Carole, Joe and I went to Chick-fil-a for dinner.  We weren't sure which Wednesday it was that people were to come to support them.  It turns out it's next week, so we are going back again then.  Do you all know what is happening with Chick-fil-a?  They are having some serious problems with people who want to shut them down because of their president/founder's personal view on gay/lesbian marriage.  We want to support them.  

While we were waiting in line I felt someone tap me on the shoulder.  It was my friend Mary who was also eating there.  She used to go to the same church I do, but has fallen away for some time.  She hugged me and I told her I missed her.  I'm trying to encourage her to return.

Our meal was very good (as usual).  As we were finishing, the manager came over to take our trays and ask how everything was.  We started talking to him.  He told us he's 26 and has been with Chick-fil-a since he was 20.  He's a born-again Christian and is so happy with his job.  We were telling him how we support the company and are so glad they are there.  He is going to look for us next week.  What a nice guy.

So just 2 more days of work and then I'm on vacation.  I'm so looking forward to 9 days off.  

3 comments:

  1. I had a "friends everywhere" day too! I had 3 friends stop by to visit today. It was such fun visiting with them for awhile!!

    2 more days!!! You must be over the moon exited :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great talking with you yesterday.You werrn't kidding the library is a busy place! I find it reassuring that people are still reading books.
    Hope you have a lot of fun on your vacation! Try to find a little time for rest too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's funny to me that people are so determined to try to squash other people for having a belief about something...goodness gracious! Seems like there's always someone out there that always wants to create drama and create a ruckus. I pray that this group of people don't succeed in shutting down Chick Fil A...how completely un American and hateful. Ok, I'd better stop now! LOL! Anyhow, how nice of you to go out and support them...I didn't know about the support thing for them on Wednesday...maybe I'll go to the mall and eat there next wednesday with my family. I have a feeling there are a lot more people out there in support of them than we know. Glad you had some great times with friends...it always makes life fun to have good friends!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.