Tuesday, May 28, 2019

SUNDAY'S MEMORIAL SERVICE


Hello, friends!  My Memorial Day weekend continues with pictures from Sunday.  Joe and I went to church as usual and as usual took Cathy and Kathy home.  As we are turning into our street we see a parade coming towards us.  It was the VFW post and the Boy Scouts.  They were coming to do a memorial service at the Vietnam Veterans Building across the street from our home.  Joe is a member there and the Chaplain.  We knew they were coming, but didn't know they were coming then!

Joe got out of the car to go meet them and I parked and then walked over.  The next thing I see is Joe walking into the Memorial Area with them.  (Thank goodness he still had on his suit from church and hadn't had time to change his clothes!)  Of course I grabbed my camera and began taking pictures.







Joe was able to give the Protestant prayer and the other Chaplain gave the Catholic one.




The laying of the wreath.


I was fortunate enough to be in the right place to get a good shot of the man playing "Taps."


It was a very moving ceremony.

Next up is the Memorial Day parade.  If you've been reading my blog for awhile, you know it's always a big and beautiful one.

Kathy



7 comments:

  1. I'm happy that Joe made it to participate. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect timing! Thank you Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that was wonderful planning on God’s part! ☺️ Talk about being in season. Glad that you were able to be a part of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, great timing! I just love all the flags. I'm so glad to see all the patriotism. You have a wonderful day my friend, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That timing was actually pretty perfect, wasn't it? Those Memorial Day tributes are always so touching. Hope you have a great day, Kathy! xo Diana

    ReplyDelete
  6. You were certainly both in the right place and at the right time. Good for Joe for stepping in to help.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the photos. How nice it all worked out even when it didn't happen according to what was expected!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.