Wednesday, May 22, 2019

JOE'S BIRTHDAY



Hello, friends!  Hope you are having a wonderful day.  The sun is shining and the humidity is low here.  It is supposed to get up to 75*F (24*C) so I am looking forward to getting things done around here.

But first I wanted to tell you about Joe's birthday.  It was on Monday.  When he got up in the morning I made him breakfast.  He asked for scrambled eggs and that's what he got along with a bagel and cream cheese and a nice slice of canteloupe.  I had a slice too and it was so good and sweet.

That afternoon it was Joe's turn to preach at the Nursing Home.  What a time that was!  Not only did we get stuck behind a bus and were 10 minutes late, but it was exactly that time that the lawn guys decided to mow, cut back the bushes and use a leaf blower right outside the room where we were meeting.  No one could hear him.  But he did get through it.  Here's a picture I took of him sitting in the car outside of the home when it was all over.


We stopped at a new 7-11 on the way home.  We hadn't had lunch and were a bit munchy.  But we didn't want to eat too much because we were going out to dinner.  I got an ice cream bar and Joe got a diet soda.  Joe is on a mission to lose weight and he has done so good.


That evening Carole and Walt picked us up and we met Pastor and Carolyn at the Country Club.  They had redone the interior of the restaurant.  It looks really nice.  There is a new salad bar which is so good.  That was a nice change.  The salad they used to serve was always too large for me and filled with things I couldn't eat.

We had such a good time at dinner that I never thought to take pictures.  The only one I got was of Joe in the lobby while we were waiting for everyone to show up.


This birthday certainly wasn't the huge party I gave him last year, but Joe said he had a really great time.

I have to run but hope to be back soon!

Kathy




9 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Joe! You've got the right shirt to come down to Florida! I like it! Enjoy your week...both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad Joe had a happy birthday! Sometimes the quieter celebrations are the very best.

    Good heavens! What a convergence of events to mess up Joe’s preaching~teaching. On the bright side, he can present it again someday.

    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad he had a ggod birthday!! Louis Dean got a huge party on his 80th BD but probably won't get another one until hes 85!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad Joe enjoyed his birthday! Kinda made me chuckle about all the lawn equipment noise while you were trying to have your meeting. I was an Activity Director at a Nursing Home for 15 years....we would run into these kinds of challenges sometimes. You do your best and it sounds like that's exactly what happened =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy belated birthday to Joe!🍰 I'm glad he preaches/teaches the Word at a nursing home. I'm sure they like it. My mom liked the service on Sunday when she was living in a nursing home. Enjoy your week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like Joe had a really great day for his birthday. Sometimes the smaller celebrations are more special. I like Joe's shirt! Snazzy! Enjoy the coming beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a really nice day! So glad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated Birthday Joe!! I sounds like he had a great day. These smaller get togethers can be much more enjoyable than a big group. I'm glad he had a good time. I love his shirt! You have a wonderful day my friend, hugs, Edna B.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.