Wednesday, February 3, 2016

FLOWERS

With all of the ice and snow we've been having, I am longing for spring and pretty flowers.  So I thought I would show you some of my favorite flower pictures from the past.  What a shame that flowers don't last longer.  But they are so beautiful while they are here.


These are the roses Joe gave me for my birthday.  I love roses.
 

My sister, Elaine, has gorgeous orchids.  I took this picture at Christmas.
 

These are the roses Joe got me for Christmas.  Unfortunately they did not last long at all.
 

We had an amaryllis at work around Christmas last year.  One of the flower buds fell off.  Rather than throw it away, I put it into a cup of water.  No one expected it to bloom, but it did.  Isn't it beautiful?
 

I have lilies growing in my yard.  Most of the time they are overgrown and choked out with weeds.  I'm hoping this year will be different.
 

Joe's favorite flower is the daffodil.  I have planted lots of them, all different varieties for him.  I like them too.
 

 I can hardly wait for Spring when the daffodils and tulips will bloom again.  It's my favorite time in my garden.


I think I'm going to get some pansies for my flower pots this year.  They are so colorful and fun.  Do you see the face in the flower?
 

Before I know it my rose bushes will be full of flowers again.  I can't wait!

I hope you've enjoyed my flowers.  Now back to real life.

Kathy

4 comments:

  1. Your pictures are so pretty, and when winter is here, and we have gloomy days, those bright colors make me smile. It wont be toooooo much longer, we hope, right!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spring will be here before you know it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the two tone roses.Yours are beautiful! My favorite flowers are daisy & hyacinth.The scent of hyacinths is so fresh. Forgot to say yesterday that I like the rice paper butterfly on the side of your blog. Very pretty!
    Woof!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait for flowers to pop out again as well. I love pansies as well. My daughter bought me a primrose and a pansy the other week. They are sitting on my door step. My daffodils are nearly blooming and a hellobore has peeked out too. Am waiting to get another plant soon that blooms. Our weather is warm, high 50s and maybe 60 in a couple days...oh my! Too warm for this time of year but last year it was 70 on Feb 15! Have a good week in spite of the weather!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.