Friday, December 19, 2014

THE THIRD SUNDAY OF ADVENT AND A BUSY WEEK






The third Sunday of Advent symbolizes Joy with the “Shepherd’s Candle” reminding us of the Joy the world experienced at the coming birth of Jesus.

This has been a very busy week.  Work has been unreal.  Lots to do.  At least I have enough people working with me now to spread the wealth.  AND we are getting another part-time Library Assistant.  I think I will have a trapeze installed so she has a seat of her own.  Every desk is taken now.  I also met the new part-time guard.  His name is Bobby and he is very nice.  So now we have Diane R and Diane B and will have Bob D and Bobby B.  Please, don't bring in another Kathy!

I went to Rite Aid the other day and got two bags of Hershey's Kisses to fill up my Santa on the table.

 
 Needless to say it is no longer full.  I'm going to have to buy another couple of bags.

We have continued on with our nightly Advent devotions.  Up to three candles this week.



And I have enjoyed looking at the lights in the houses across the street.



This picture just does not do them justice.  They are so pretty.  I am hoping to go out to take Christmas light pictures this weekend.  We'll see.

The main problem this week is that Joe has been falling.  A lot.  He hasn't fallen down the stairs (which is a blessing) but he fell in the living room, the bathroom and the bedroom.

Last night he called me at work and asked me to come home because he fell.  I raced out of there (thank God I live only 12 minutes from work) and when I got home Joe was in bed but had fallen while taking a shower.  The shower curtain rod was down and some of the tiles had been pulled off of the wall.  That was the worst.  As I've been writing this he fell out of bed.

I took him to the doctor on Tuesday.  She said he had an ear infection which is making him lose his balance and gave him antibiotic eardrops.  I don't see how they are helping him at all.  I think something else is going on, but I'm no doctor.

Please pray for Joe and this situation.  I'm at my wit's end to know what to do.

On the positive side I've gotten more stuff done for Christmas.  I have off today since I work tomorrow so I plan to go through the house, bake cookies, write out and mail cards, and get my shopping done.  It's so hard to believe that Christmas is next week.  I'm always so harried this time of year.

So gotta get going and start my day.  Thanks for reading.

Kathy

4 comments:

  1. I can relate to your husband falling.....I will pray he gets over it soon. My Jim has fallen 16 times in the last year. I rarely leave him alone for fear he will fall and no one hears him. He is blessed not to have broken anything tho....hope you get all you want to do, done. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy, I pray those meds do the trick...if not get him back to the dr. That is scary. If there is a problem and it is found in quick time....that can make a huge difference. Blessings to you and Joe, xoxo,Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The inner ear (infection) can affect your balance. I agree it sounds like more than that.Again,I'm no dr either.I'd go back if there's no improvement. Know that I'll be praying for you both.
    I love the lights too but confess I miss having a bit (I said A BIT) of snow. Doesn't feel like Christmas without it. The last time we had such a warm holiday,we got the ice storm in Feb.
    Make sure you take time to enjoy the holiday.All work & no play....
    MERRY CHRISTMAS! Woof Woof! (Santa Paws)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh no wonder you are feeling a little frazzled. I hope that the antibiotics help. Does he get dizzy? Perhaps his inner ear needs resetting with an Epley manuever. Your work situation sounds crazy, too. You made me grin with the name descriptions. One day at a time and all that needs to get done will...we can pray! Merry On!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.