Tuesday, July 10, 2012

IT'S ALMOST MIDNIGHT. WHY AM I BLOGGING?

Well, friends, I am blogging because this is the only chance I get to do it.  Sad life I live (shaking my head here).

Had a really good day at church yesterday.  My church is one of the host venues for the Harvest America crusade.  This is a nationwide simulcast from Pastor Greg Laurie in Riverside, CA.  Very exciting.  And I've been appointed Event Coordinator for my church.  Unexpectedly Pastor Justin asked me to present the event to the church.  Gulp.  I am not great at public speaking.  But I did OK and I think people are starting to catch the vision.  There will be more about this as time goes by.  But for those of you who pray, please pray for this crusade.  It is a lot of work, but great benefits to bring people into God's kingdom.

After church Joe and I went to lunch with Bud and Karen.  We went to Country Club Diner, one of our favorite places.  I ended up having breakfast for lunch -- scrambled eggs, sausage, and homefries with onions.  So good.

Joe's not feeling too well.  He has a sore throat and a slight fever.  He went to the doctor today and got some antibiotics.  Hopefully that will knock it out of him.  It turns out he has a sinus and throat infection.  Poor guy.  He's feeling kind of miserable.

Well, another week of work has started.  Week 4 of the Summer Reading Program.  This week they get temporary tattoos and a coupon for free water ice from Rita's.  We ran out of chips, but another 16 boxes will be delivered this week.  The movie for Movie Monday today was Judy Moody and the Bummer Summer.  I think the girls were more interested in it than the boys.

I have been taking some beautiful pictures of the sunsets.  They are fantastic.  I think I'm going to have to start making a scrapbook of just my cloud pictures because these are outstanding also.  I haven't uploaded the pictures yet, but I promise you will see them sometime this week.

I'm going to end this now and get some sleep.  So much to do, so little time and energy.  So tired all the time.  It's only 20 days to my Sister's Week vacation.  If you don't know about Sister's Week, see my entries from last July. The first day is here and it goes on from there.  Every year my sister and I take a vacation week together.  It's lots of fun.  I am looking forward to it to be able to get some rest.

2 comments:

  1. Shew, you get less sleep than I do! I've been up since 4:00 am.

    I LOVE breakfast for lunch. You now have me craving home fries and onions. Deliciousness :)

    Your Sister's Vacay sounds fun. I bet you are excited. You definitely deserve the break!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great honor for your church!Wow!
    I am sorry to hear about Joe.It
    seems he's being hit with one thng after the other. I hope he feels better soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.