Sunday, July 22, 2012

A BEAUTIFUL DAY

What a beautiful day it was today.  The weather was much cooler and the sun was shining.  The humidity was low.  Just perfect.  Here was the sunrise this morning.

It's easier to get the sunrise when it's at 6:00 a.m. than when it's 5:00 a.m.  I don't know how my brother has managed to get every single sunrise this year.

I was able to get two loads of laundry done today and hung it outside to dry.  Does anyone still hang their laundry out?  We have not had a clothes dryer for over a year and I, for one, don't miss it a bit.  I love the way the clothes smell when they are hung outside.  And I'm saving a lot of electricity.

I did a lot of cleaning also.  I'm really trying to get things under control in this house.  It's hard, though, when I work all day.  But I want everything done before I go on vacation next week so I've really got to move it.

Only 8 more days until my vacation.  I am SO looking forward to it.  It will be so nice to get away.  I plan on taking lots of pictures, so be prepared.

1 comment:

  1. Kathy, I had a clothes line when we lived in Florida. {we lived there for 5 years} I had a dryer but I wanted to try a clothesline..and your right, it is a good way to save electricity..especially when you have the strong Florida sun..honestly, my clothes would be dry in about 30 minutes!! LOL! To me, it was great to utilize a natural resource!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.