Saturday, March 30, 2024

I CAN'T BE SICK FOR EASTER


 

Hello, friends.  Hope you are all doing well.  Not so much me.  About three days ago I started feeling a lot of heartburn/gas.  A lot of belching and a lot of mints did not seem to help.  I thought I might have a stomach virus that would go away in a few days.  Ever since my surgery back in 2010 things are not good for my digestive system.  Well it is now the fourth day and I woke up still feeling sick.

I can't be sick for Easter!  Joe and I had planned to go to Lancaster, attend Paradise Bible Fellowship Church in Paradise, PA, and then go out for dinner to a new to us restaurant that looks really good.  We are getting adventurous in our old age.  This will be two new restaurants in two weeks.

We got a card from Joe's step-mom for Easter.  She wrote a note on it that she had been sick for months.  I said to Joe that we should take her with us since she never gets anywhere anymore.  She has alienated a lot of her friends or they have passed away.  She can't drive and now she can't use public transportation.  She immedately accepted.  So now there are three of us going.

Joe's step-mom has no church affiliation.  She was raised Catholic, goes to a church about twice a year, and really doesn't believe anything she is told about Christianity.  This will be the first time she is going to a Bible Fellowship service which will be a HUGE change for her.  I don't think she will know what is going on.  I get along with her better than Joe does, so I will try to be sitting between her and Joe and explain things as we go along.  I think she will like the music and am praying that God will speak to her through the message.

The place we are going to eat is called the Lancaster Brasserie.  The food looks really good.  It reminds me a lot of the King George Inn.  A nice menu but not overly priced.  Joe had made reservations for him and me a few weeks ago.  But when his step-mom decided to come, he changed the reservation.  Unfortunately, he thought he was changing the reservation but actually made an additional one.  I called them yesterday and got everything straightened out.  I just hope I don't get lost going there.  Or coming back home!

And that brings me to my dilemna.  How can I go out to eat if I am feeling so sick that I can barely get crackers down?  And as I belch (which I am doing a lot) I go in and out of afib.

Please pray for this situation.  Pray I feel better.  Pray for Maryann that she hears the word and believes.  And please pray that I find my car and house keys which have been lost since Tuesday.  I feel as if I have searched everywhere, but I obviously haven't since they haven't turned up.  They must be in the house.  I haven't been anywhere else.

That's it for now.  I need to get my day started.  A lot to do.  See you all soon.  Have a wonderful day and a beautiful Easter.


Kathy


4 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy, I hope you are feeling better and that you can keep your Easter plans. Happy Easter to you & Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my! I am sorry to hear about your stomach/heart issues! I shall
    certainly pray, especially for the step-mom. All it takes from Him is
    one word....
    I also hope your keys will be found. Perhaps put some kind of
    'sound locator' on it when found? It's a thought....
    I hope you had a nice Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you are feeling better and that all went well on your Easter Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been a week since Easter and I sure hope everything went well. I'm glad you invited Joe's Step Mom. Sounds like she needs a friend and I hope she enjoyed the Easter service. This is my favorite celebration. I love Easter and all that it stands for. I hope you're feeling better and find out why you're having such digestive issues. Take care Kathy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.