Friday, April 12, 2024

YOU GUESSED IT. I GOT SICK


 

Hello, friends.  I know it's been a while since my last post.  Those of you who are on facebook with me know what happened.  I got sick.  Very sick.  And not with what I talked to you about last time.

God is so good and we had a great Easter without me being sick at all.  We picked up Joe's step-mom and went out to Paradise, PA for the morning service.  There was almost no traffic and we got there about 45 minutes quicker than we usually do.  So we sat in the back and listened to their Sunday School lesson.  It was so good.  And so was the service.

We had reservations for lunch at the Lancaster Brasserie.


We didn't know where it was or how long it would take us to get there.  Well, it was close and took only a few minutes.  We got there 30 minutes early.  But they seated us right away and served us.  The food was really good.  But so expensive!  It cost over $150 for lunch!  I did not expect that.

I did love the view out the window as we ate.


The ride home was not as quick as the morning one, but it wasn't bad at all.

That evening I started getting the sniffles.  By morning it was a full blown cold.  And it got worse the next several days.  Congestion, coughing, the whole nine yards.  I have not had a cold in years so was not expecting this.  It lasted about 10 days.  I really started feeling good this past Wednesday.  I haven't done much of anything because I've been feeling so sick.  So of course I have a LOT of housework to catch up on.

But it's early morning right now.  I am going to get up, get myself together, get my medicine and breakfast, and get the trash out.  We missed the trash pickup last week, so we have to make it today.

See you all later.


Kathy





6 comments:

  1. So sorry to learn that you have been poorly Kathy, there seems to be an awful lot of sickness going around.
    Sending healing wishes your way.
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy. I hope that you are feeling better and that you have had a good week. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry you got sick, Kathy! Thankful that you did have a good Easter and were able to do the things you had planned. Hope you're feeling better and having a great weekend! The weeks fly by . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you're better!! The days simply float away, and I've lost track of so many of the blogs I love. My long absences from LAWN TEA are to blame, I know, as are some losses of address during that time. You and your Sweetheart seem so true and good together, and it's so lovely to hear your adventures---even just a trip to Rite Aid seems all citified and important to me, for I've never been to one. We're in a tee-ninecy town absolutely amoeba-absorbed by Indy, so we have shady sweet streets and a small-town feel still. It's wonderful having all those big-city conveniences and entertainments and ease of travel to get to, but we don't have to stray far from our little area to get to everything we need. We haven't been able to go to the symphony or opera in a while, and I miss those---YouTube is a wonderful performance anytime I click it.

    Glad you're better and I hope we're both back on track for posting soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you got to have a wonderful Easter and enjoy the services at the other church, but I do hate you ended up getting sick. Thankful you feel better now! Take care of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you're feeling better and hope that's all behind you now as spring is taking hold. I'm also glad you had a nice Easter and yikes, that lunch was a bit high but hopefully the food was worth it! Take care Kathy and feel 100% soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.