Monday, March 11, 2024

RUNNING AROUND


I got a phone call early this morning.  It was just after 7:00 and it was my friend, Kathy.  She was to have a colonoscopy and I had just been praying for her.  It turns out that she was able to get to the hospital but didn't have a ride home.  After doing the cleanse the day before she didn't want to just get a cab and go home.  I don't blame her one bit!  She asked if I could come and get her after the test.  Of course, I said yes, although a bit hesitantly.  I didn't know how to get to the hospital.  Or even where it was.  But...


My friend Debbie had had her cancer treatments there.  I called her and asked her to go with me when it was time and she agreed.  So off we went.  But...

I was doing OK until we were almost there, made a wrong turn, and got lost.  Very lost.  I pulled over and got the Waze (GPS) running.  We went around and around blocks and finally (FINALLY) ended up at the right spot to pick her up.

After dropping Kathy off, Debbie and I went to the post office and then to Wendy's where I bought lunch for her, Joe and myself.  I dropped Debbie off and went home.

After lunch I took a nap.  A nice long nap.  I'm getting too old for this!  But I was glad to help a friend.  And glad to get help from a friend.  We are all in this life together.

See you later.

Kathy


3 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy, I know what you mean about getting older:) I just returned from a trip where, luckily my much younger sister took over driving duties while I gave navigation instructions using Google maps in a city that had a LOT of traffic on all the roads we had to take.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy. So glad you were able to help out your friend. It is easy to get lost in Philadelphia! Been there, done that! I hope you are having a good week! See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was glad to go along. It really wasn't that bad & we ended up
    only a couple of blocks off. We turned it into quite an adventure!
    Also great to help a friend. I took too a much needed nap! zzzz....

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.