Monday, October 23, 2023

GEORGE AND JACK


 Hello, friends!  Hope you are all having a wonderful day.  It is cold here today.  And tomorrow morning it is supposed to be in the 30s (F).  I am not looking forward to that.  But after all it is the end of October so we have been blessed with nice weather and warm temperatures for far longer than we usually are.

Looking back over my posts I realized that I never told you about our new kitten, George.  We got a phone call from one the guys in the Veterans group across the street from us asking if we knew anyone who wanted a kitten.  This little gray kitten had wandered into the building soaking wet from the rain and was laying in a corner.  The guy who called was going to throw him out on the street again, but the wife of one of the other members was there and started yelling at him about it.  So he called us.  Joe said he thought he could find a home for him and took him in.  

But... we couldn't find anyone to take him.  So we decided to keep him for a bit until we could find someone.  The poor thing was sick and had gummy eyes.  He was sneezing and was red hot to the touch.  We got an appointment with the vet and took him over.  They gave him medication and checked him all out.  (Unfortunately now Jack is also sneezing.)

I was surprised that the two cats got along.  And they still do.  Of course there are times when they are at each other, but most of the time they just curl up together and sleep.  That has never happened before when we had two cats.

I named the kitten George.  Why?  I don't know.  It just sounded right.  Jack and George.  He is starting to learn his name.  And as you might have guessed, Joe is in love with him and we are keeping him.  He sleeps on Joe's tummy and gives him kisses when he wakes up.  Not so much with me.  Of course being a kitten he is into everything.

But now Jack is sick.  We found out that he has thyroid disease and have been giving him medication.  But now he was diagnosed with asthma.  He is a poor sick baby.

These cats are going to put me into the poor house with all their doctor bills!

I have a couple of pictures of George that I thought I would show to you.  He is so little and soft.



And here is Jack.  My boy.



They both love Joe's recliner and are going to be disappointed the end of this week when it goes out in the trash.  It is falling apart (literally).  Joe has bought a rocking chair (like a Cracker Barrel one, but not theirs).  I told him I would put it together for him.  He loves rocking chairs.

Lunch is here.  We called out.  So I need to get off of here.  See you all soon.

Kathy







9 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy. So glad that George and Jack get along most of the time. George is a cutie. I knew you would decided to keep him. I hope that both kitties are healthy agian soon. You will have to post pictures of Joe's new rocking chair! It's always good to hear from you. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have such a good heart, Kathy. He is a beautiful boy and I am sorry he is so sick. I am sure he is sick because of the way he was treated and left out like that. It's just sad that people do that. It really is expensive to have pets but they are so worth it. Take good care- love to you- Diana

    ReplyDelete
  3. George is so precious! I wouldn't be able to resist keeping him, either! I sure hope Jack gets to feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kittens are so sweet. We had a rescue cat when Ellen was in elementary school. We loved that cat! Now we live in a household with many allergies and a cat cannot come to stay, sadly. I'm glad George is finding love in your home... and Jack too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. George is adorable! A real cutie! Can't wait to see him as he matures. That being said. there is no question Jack is gorgeously handsome! And he photographs so well. Glad you took the little guy in.
    I guess Joe is cat daddy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice new to you kitten 😸 by George--enjoy him. 😃 I saw something on the lawn this morning and it was dark. It wound up.being a cat. He looked at the window and walked.away across the road. Its getting cold here as well. 49 degrees on Wednesday and a 54 today. Cold nights 🌙 hope Jack feels better 🙏 ❤️ blessings and prayers to and Joe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kathy, it was heart-warming to read that you and Joe adopted the kitten you named George. It was also good that you took him to a vet to be checked out, but sorry to read that Jack is not feeling well. Hope both kitties will be feeling better and great that they get along...most of the time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the new kitty! How nice of you to adopt him. Your Jack looks just like the cat we had for 14yrs that we rescued from a cold November night. Squeak passed a way a few years ago but he was the focus of many of my old blog posts. Enjoy George!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm writing from Ohio, Columbus precisely. I was diagnosed with brain cancer in August of 2010 and my wife breast cancer, A precious friend (African American) told me about Dr Jekawo A traditional herbal doctor in West Africa,She gave me his contact number and email address,I contacted him quickly so he give me guaranty that his herbal medicine will cure my brain cancer,my wife breast cancer and herpes completely that we will be heal forever I said Okay.I ask him about the process for the cure,he ask me to pay for the herbal medicines preparation which i did and within 7 working days he sent me the herbal medicine then he instructed me on how to drink it for 21 days to cure.I told Eric my friend about the herbal medicine so he gave me go ahead to drink it.So after I and my wife drinking for 21 days we were cured completely, I'm so grateful and i promise i will recommend anyone with herpes or cancer to reach this great herbal doctor and that what i'm doing.
    Dr Jekawo told me he can cure the following disease.Cancer,Hiv/Aids,Herpes,Diabetes,Parkison,Copd,Hepatitis.. Here Is His Contact Info......[drjekawo@gmail.com] thank you so much for this great opportunity.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.