Saturday, October 21, 2023

A DATE WITH JOE


 

Hello, friends.  I've been meaning to write a post for several days now, but just haven't gotten to it.  It is very early in the morning and I haven't been to bed yet, so let me write a short and quick post for you.

A couple of weeks ago Joe took me out on a date.  We went to Yamato's, one of my favorite places.  This is before I had my tooth extracted and I told him I wanted to go to a restaurant while I could still eat!


There was work being done on I-95 so we had to take the back streets.  Still, it is not that far away so we got there rather quickly.  And we got seated quickly also since it was pretty empty.  Well, it was around 3:30 p.m. so the lunch crowd was gone and the dinner crowd hadn't come in yet.

We got pork fried gyoza to begin with.  They are dumplings and so delicious!  So is the dipping sauce that goes with them.


Joe had miso soup come with his meal.  He likes it, but I don't.


Joe got a hibachi chicken bento box.  It comes with sashimi, sushi, and rice.




I got chicken yaki soba.  I couldn't eat it all and took enough home that I had it for lunch the next day.


It was so fun to go out together.  We don't do that enough.

After we ate Joe ran into Rite Aid to get a few things and then it was home.  We have decided to go out once a month even if it is just to the pizza shop a few blocks away.  It's important to spend time with each other.

Hope you all are having a good time too.  Sorry this is short, but it's after midnight and I need to go to bed.  See you all soon.

Kathy









8 comments:

  1. I know you enjoy these special meals. We need to get more take out but we coo healthy meals at home and don't go out much. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy. Looks like a great restaurant. So glad that you and Joe had a nice date together. You are right - we need to go out on dates with our spouse even after we have been married many years! You and Joe have a great weekend.!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you had a good lunch with Joe. Food sounds delicious 😋. I like eating out with Phil after church every Sunday. We used to come home and make spaghetti as it was quickly made. He would make it for me when I was working at a store at outlet mall on Sunday afternoon. He's out working on his car today to get the backup camera to work correctly. Hapoy and blessed weekend 🙏, Becky

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree about spending fun time together. Is the yaki sorba.noodles? I don't care for sushi but I like most of the
    noodle dishes. Glad that you both could share this time together.
    Have a beautiful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaki soba is buckwheat noodles like spaghetti with vegetables and sometimes meat.

      Delete
  5. You are right about having date nights. When our children were at home, we made sure we got away for a date night regularly. After 51 years of marriage, date nights haven't been a priority. We are trying to change that and be more intentional on enjoying our time together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Kathy, it is very important to have time together. It doesn't have be a fancy date...but make that time fun. Making memories together is what it's about. Even if it's just sitting on the porch together. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your date night sounds wonderful! We hadn't eaten out much the last three years but started going for breakfast after church again. I do enjoy being served! And not cooking =)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.