Tuesday, October 10, 2023

FALL IS COMING

 

Hello friends.  Hope you are all having a great day.  Well, the day is almost over now.

I have spent a lot of the afternoon on the computer.  For some reason my computer refuses to download pictures from my SD card.  I have tried everything.  It doesn't even recognize that there is a drive there.  So Joe gave me his computer that he never uses and I have spent time getting my pictures off of my camera and making two videos for my YouTube channel.  People think because the video is 5 minutes long that it doesn't take much to make it.  Not so.  I just spent 90 minutes putting together that 5 minute video.  I also had to repurchase the program I use to make them.  Another $100.  But all is good now.

Yesterday I finally had my tooth pulled.  I went to the hospital to have it done rather than a dentist's office.  I had two dentists turn me down when I went to them to have it pulled.  And now I know why.  I was in the chair for over 30 minutes because when they went to pull the tooth, it shattered into little pieces and they had to dig and drill the pieces out of my gum.  I told Joe that I am so very grateful that God arranged for me to be in the hospital where there was the equipment and personnel to help me.

I bled quite a bit.  For about two hours.  But now I am doing pretty good.  I am in a lot less pain than I expected to be.  As long as I keep up with the Extra Strength Tylenol they gave me, I'm OK.  They would have given me something stronger, but I'm allergic to everything.  But this is doing fine.  An added bonus is it is also helping the pain in my knees.

Last week I saw my GI doctor.  Everything is going good.  He does want me to have another barium swallow test to get a look at my esophagus because I still have spasms, but that's not a big deal.

When I left his office, I noticed that the trees in the medical center were starting to change colors.  These were the first colorful trees I have seen this year.  I took some pictures of them to show you.




And we no longer have the 90 degree sunny and hot days.  Weather is cool around here.  Especially in the mornings.  I guess it really is fall.

I'm going to end for now and get something to eat.  I can't wait until tomorrow when I can start eating solid foods again.  But for tonight it's mashed potatoes and ice cream.

Have a good night everyone and I will talk to you soon.

Kathy





6 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy. I see that you posted a new Youtube, so I will be watching that later tonight. I am so glad that you finally got that tooth out and that you can now concentrate on healing. So glad that your weather has cooled off and that you are having a nice fall. Continue to take it easy and heal up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy,
    Praying for healing for you!
    Thank you for your beautiful blog
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're feeling better from your tooth extraction. We were on a walk a bit after 5 p.m. and at end of the street there was a tiny bit of a branch from evergreen tree that has 3 different colors on it. It looks so pretty. We walked to 2 blocks and back and almost to our house the rain 🌧 increased more. So Phil decided that it was good to not walk around again as he usually does. My raincoat was dripping water but I'm glad I wore it. Be careful when you eat. Hope you get your photos and videos uploaded ok. God bless you both 🙏 ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad that tooth is gone. And good news on the GI. The trees are so pretty! Thank you for sharing them. Sorry to hear about the computer. Once I found out how much work goes into your YouTube videos I have a new respect for them...and you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’m glad to hear your tooth is out! I have enjoyed your since back when you were working.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy, Whew! I'm so glad to hear that your tooth extraction went okay. Remember, you can always have soup if you need something soft to eat. With these chilly days, I've turned to having more soups and stews.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.