Saturday, July 15, 2023

DID I TELL YOU ABOUT THE SECOND TRIP TO WILDWOOD?

 



Hello, friends!  We are heading out to Wildwood again today and I realized that I am so far behind that I haven't even told you about the last time we were there.

Cape Community Church in Cape May Courthouse, NJ was being chartered on Father's Day.  Neither of us had ever seen a church chartering before and thought it would be a good chance to do so.  It is rare to see a chartering and most people in my denomination have never been to one.  A chartering is when a mission church signs the paperwork, establishes a membership and elects a board of elders.  They then become a fully established church.

This all took place on Father's Day.  Our pastor was away and we had a friend of ours, Pastor Dennis, as our guest speaker.  His wife Sue and I are great friends.  It was so good to be there with them and to hear him speak.  What a great speaker he is.


We came home from church, got something to eat, grabbed our luggage, and headed off to New Jersey to make it to the service on time.  It began at 3:00 p.m. so we had to go right there.

It was a beautiful drive.  We stopped at the rest stop because driving through is just too much for me anymore.  In fact, I drove the beginning to the rest stop which is about halfway there, and Joe drove the rest of the way so I was able to take some videos.  I just put the video up on YouTube today.  Here is a link to it.


The service was great.  I saw a lot of my friends there that I didn't expect to see.  I got to talk to my friend Donna A. for awhile.  (I know so many Donnas.  At least 5, although I think there might be a sixth one hidden somewhere.)  I hadn't seen Donna in months and here I found out that she and her husband, Dr. Dave, had been in Israel for three months leading a tour group.  They lived in Israel for several years, so they know their way around.  Because Donna is small (shorter than me and I'm a shortie) and blonde, she is a rarity there.  One time a Bedouin offered Dr. Dave a camel for her so he could have her as his wife!  Dr. Dave politely turned him down.  We still laugh over that story.

After the service they put out a big spread of food.  Lots of fruits and vegetable which I was glad of.  And two beautiful cakes, one chocolate and one yellow.  They were so good.  And that turned out to be our dinner.

We checked into the hotel.  It was the same one we had stayed at for Joe's birthday.  But last time I had gotten a deluxe suite and this time a regular suite.  We were very disappointed.  It was run down and although immaculate and smelling of disinfectant and detergent, the furniture was falling apart and the bathroom was so tiny that you couldn't be on the toilet and shut the door at the same time.  To top it off, we had water dripping from the ceiling into the bathtub.  We called the front desk and they sent up maintenance.  Apparently, the water was coming from the room above us.  Well, needless to say we won't be going back there.  Although all the people who worked there were very, very nice.

We went to our old standby, Uncle Bill's Pancake House for breakfast.  Everyone I know that goes to Wildwood eats there.




Then we headed home.  We stopped at the rest stop again for a potty break (and a break in general).  They had a farmer's market there.  Lots of flowers, vegetable and herb plants and fresh fruit and veggies.  My legs were hurting so badly that all I wanted to do was sit down, so I took a few videos for my YouTube channel and didn't buy anything.  I could have kicked myself later.  When I go again if they are there I am going to buy something.  Like fresh Jersey tomatoes which are the best tomatoes in the country.

It was a great weekend and I can't wait to go back.  I have to run now so I will see you all later.  Have a wonderful day.

Kathy



5 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy. I am glad that you got to back to Wildwood again. Sounds like such a nice place. Sorry to hear your hotel room wasn't good, but it sounds like the rest of the trip was very nice. I hope that you and Joe have a nice weekend. See you again soon. I am off to look at your Youtube of the trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI KATHY. Enjoyed my visit with you today. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoy when you share your trip. It is interesting seeing all the
    sights ....and the food! I can see the room was a disappoinment . I
    can understand about the fruits & veggies. Hopefully they'll be there
    when you go back.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi my friend! It's been awhile since I've been back to Blogging. It's always fun to see what you have been up to. Hope you got a chance to dip your toes into the water.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pace you stayed in sounds like quite a disappointment, Kathy, and we have had similar experiences as well. Glad you had a nice get together with friends during your second Wildwood trip. Also, hope your legs are feeling better once you have rested back home.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.