Thursday, June 29, 2023

I KNOW IT'S BEEN AWHILE


 

Hello, friends.  Summer is finally here and the temperatures sure are showing this.  It is so hot.

I know it has been a while since I last wrote.  I just don't seem to have the time to do it.  Blogging is more of a burden than a joy these days.  I have so much to do around the house.  We are cleaning out.  We think we have a buyer.  We have not found a place where we can afford to live.  Pressure is building.  The yard is very, VERY overgrown and I can't get out there to fix it.  My heart has gone into a-fib several times.  The last attack lasted only 15 hours, though.  My blood pressure keeps dropping and I keep getting very dizzy.  Can't get ahold of any of my doctors.  Yes, life has not been treating me well.

I have a guy coming over this afternoon to help me with packing up and tossing out the items in my house.  He will actually take the trash with him so that I don't have to deal with it.  Even this is pressure on me.

But I have been reading a lot.  The other week I was thinking about how I would sit on the front porch and read my summer vacation away when I was a teenager.  I remembered some of the books I had read -- especially the Pollyanna series.  Most people do not know that Pollyanna is actually a series of books that takes her from a 10-year-old girl to a 60-year-old woman.  The first three books are my favorites and so I thought I would read them again.  I have my mom's books from WWII.  These were printed on cheap paper because it was hard to get rags and things to make good paper during the war.  Everything was going to the war effort as well it should have.  I was afraid to read them again because they fall apart in your hands as you turn the pages.  So I found the first two books for free on Kindle and the third one for $2.99.  I got them and have read the first one and am almost finished the second -- Pollyanna Grows Up.  What a great pleasure I am getting from reading them again.  And it's so interesting to read them from an adult perspective.  So many things that I didn't really understand as a child, I see now.  Can't wait to get into the third one -- Pollyanna of the Orange Blossoms -- where she gets married and moves to New York City.

I was going to bake a cake for church the other day, but it was just too hot.  So I ended up buying a bag of cookies to take over.  We do what we need to do.  When it gets cooler, I will bake my cake.

On Sunday we had a birthday party for Carolyn, my pastor's wife after church.  The food was good, the cake was beautiful, and though she knew she was having the party, she didn't know that pastor had bought her a beautiful sapphire ring.  And he proposed, because he never officially proposed to her before they married.  Carolyn started crying and it was so sweet.  (He told us at Bible Study on Tuesday that he goes around the house calling her his fiance and she reminds them that they are already married because they have two kids!)

Well, just thought I would touch base with all of you.  I have to get going and get breakfast, shower, dress, etc.  Lots to do before the cleanout guy comes over around 2:30 p.m.  Hope you all have a great day.

Kathy



7 comments:

  1. Lovely to hear from you Kathy, I'm saddened to know that you are still having health problems, and hope that you are able to get some help with those. I had no idea that you had planned to sell your home, although I completely understand. Good luck in finding your next, and try not to overdue yourself with all of the work involved. My thoughts and prayers are with you and Joe.
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kathy. So good to see your post. I enjoy reading and did not know Pollyanna was a book series. I'll pick the 1st book up and read it. I have crystals and glass humming birds hanging from my living room curtains and got the idea from the Pollyanna movie.
    This must be the year to move for many of us. We are moving too. Only 3 miles away but off our 2 1/2 acres. I pray your deal goes through and you find the right place for you and Joe.
    I'm sorry to hear about your a-fib. It can be very serious. That is what caused both strokes for my hubby. Of course, you can always go to the emergency room but don't hesitate to get help!
    Have a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good Morning, Kathy! It's always so good to see your light come on on the sidebar. I had totally stopped looking in at LAWN TEA, and hadn't post anything in years, but a little encouragement from a friend and a whole lot of help from LifeLinda, and I'm sorta back.

    Total empathy on the house thing---we're not moving, but have been living with such disorder and disarray--what other DIS can I use---dismay as I look around at still-piled things and rooms we haven't used since Chris whispered away from is about this time in 2020. I just opened our bedroom door, and it's still piled to the ceiling all the way around, with clothes and hats touching the chandelier, just the way it was left when his brothers from Alabama came up and took so many collections and other things back to the "Home Place," a month after he passed.

    It's been a confused, confusing three years, and since none of the family has been able to get together, we're still waiting to have a memorial service and to distribute so much of this STUFF he had gathered and treasured.

    All that to say: I understand walking on stuff, around stuff, deciding about stuff, and finding that mountain so high you just wander off with a book. I pray you strength and stamina for these days of work, and that you find your new Home, with a smooth move and comfortable rest in the lovely place you're going to find soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kathy, I'm so sorry to hear about the health issues you are having and not being able to get in touch with your doctors. It may be that one of the nurses can suggest a heart doctor replacement if your regular heart doctor didn't leave another doctor to take his patients during his absence. It sounds like you should see a doctor as soon as you can as it may mean a medication change. I loved the movie Pollyanna and I think Haley Mills was perfect for the part. I didn't know that there was a book series for Pollyanna and I will definitely check out the book series. I helped my niece just a bit with her clearing out of her dad's house and she ended up calling the junk company twice. They handled all the moving of whatever she wanted to get rid of after she had donated or sold what she could. She loved the fact that she didn't need to do any of the lifting or loading of the truck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kathy, you are not alone in finding a lack of interest in blogging, so no need to fret about that. You certainly have a lot of other things to be concerned about, your health and a possible move.Your continuing health issues are worrisome to read about and hope you are able to contact and meet with your doctors.

    It's good news to read that you may have found a buyer, but of course, that means you are under stress to clear things and pack. I hope everything will work out well for you and Joe and that you can relocate to Lancaster, PA, as you had mentioned when we met a couple of years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good to read another post of your life. It's no fun to decluttering and I am still able to do it. I'm no longer working and have time do what is needed for me at home. I hope and Joe have a good place to live soon and get your house sold soon. Praying for you 🙏 to stay safe and healthy 💐.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.