Wednesday, July 19, 2023

HELLO


 Hello, friends.  Welcome to a hot and sticky Wednesday.  Like most of the country it is HOT.  I enjoy the summer, but I'm not enjoying how hot it is.  I have so much yard work to do, but it is too hot to go outside and work.  I almost run from my car into the air conditioned house.

Joe got sick on Saturday, so we did not go down the shore.  He was feeling nauseous and had a headache.  On Sunday, I had it.  We both got over it in a day, so I guess it was a bug we happened to share.  We lost our deposit of $300 for the hotel room which really hurts, but we couldn't go down there sick.  So that's life.

What has been going on with all of you?  I took Jack to the vet on Monday.  We are going to a new veterinarian who is good and much cheaper than the one we had been going to.  Besides being much closer.  We went from a 30-45 minute ride to a 5 minute ride.  He is about 2 blocks from our house.  Jack has been diagnosed with hypothyroidism.  We give him medicine twice a day.  The good thing is he loves the pill pockets we put the pill into and begs for it.  No problem getting the medicine into him.


Yesterday was Bible Study.  We are still in the Sermon on the Mount, but up to Matthew 7 now.

Today is a down day.  Thank goodness.  Tomorrow I have a doctor's appointment in the morning.  Friday I have a doctor's appointment in the morning and Joe has a doctor's appointment in the afternoon.  I am going to need the weekend off to catch up.

So that's what's happening with me.  Next week I will be with my sister and I hope to tell you all about it.

Talk to you all later.

Kathy






12 comments:

  1. Call the hotel about being sick. With Covid, they might understand and give you credit on next trip. You had no way of knowing if it was Covid and we can’t take chances. Prayers brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to learn you have been poorly, it seems to be the season !
    Jack looks like my Tom-Tilly girl, they could be siblings 😁
    Take good care of each other.
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad and Joe are feeling better. Good that Jack the cat 🐈 has medicine to take and takes it without be upset. It's hot in Oregon as well. Smoke in area as well due to fire in Portland and one in Longview, WA. I'm working on stuff needed done in house since I'm home and not working. I wouldn't mind going to the beach again. Snoopy made me think of it . Hopefully you have a good rest of your week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kathy. It's good to hear from you. So sorry you and Joe have been sick, and that you lost the cost of your hotel room. I am glad that you are both feeling better. I agree with the first comment. See if the hotel will work with you and give you some credit toward another trip there. I know that you and Joe love going there. I hope the rest of the week goes well for you both. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear it was only a bug. I agree about the heat. Or is it the
    humidity? Either way, I seek out the a/c as well. Hoping you have a wonderful visit with your sister.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kathy, so glad you and Joe are feeling better. I agree with the others, call and see if you can get a credit for a future stay down the shore. Hope you have a fabulous time with your sister. Jack is such a beautiful cat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad ya'll are feeling better, but sure hate that about the deposit. Praying your appointments go well tomorrow. Hope Jack is feeling better, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kathy! I do love summer but it has been so hot and humid this year. And now we have the have from the fires again.....thankful for the little break we've had from them. Glad your illness was short but what a bummer that you had to miss your little get away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should proof read, ugh. Have the smoke from the fires....

      Delete
  9. We have several doctor appointments next week!! It takes a lot of time but we have to do them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Sermon on the Mount! We visited that site when we were in Israel in May. The Bible sure comes alive now. I recognize places. Instead of imagining it, I know it. I know the real place now. I'm glad you and Joe got over being sick pretty fast, but I'm sorry you lost your deposit! That's terrible. Hope your doctor's appointments went well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's been a bit since I've stopped by and I went and read previous posts. You've been pretty busy. I hope the clean out of your home went well and you find a nice place to move too. Inventory of homes is low in most states. Plus prices are super high for what you get. Plus you have to be a good fixer upper! Sounds like your trip to Wildwood was good but I'm sorry you weren't well to go again. I hope you've had fun with your sister. Take care Kathy!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.