Tuesday, April 4, 2023

WHAT'S GOING ON


 

Hello, friends!  Good morning!  As I write this, it is around 4:30 a.m.  You may think this is early, but I have been up for an hour already.  I was working on my lesson for Bible Study today and fell asleep on the sofa with the computer on my lap last night.  So when I woke up earlier, I just turned on the computer and kept working.  The part for today is finished.  I feel confident with it.  I am not sure if I am teaching or if Pastor is, but in any case I am ready for the lesson.  We are still in Matthew chapter 5.  We have been there for several months now.  But I would rather go slowly and know what it says than try to speed through it.

I take the last of my antibiotics today.  My mouth is much better.  It is quite a thing to have your tooth extracted.  I thought one place was going to do it, then another.  Found out the second place would extract it only if I was getting an implant.  The cost of the implant is almost two months of my Social Security.  In other words, I can't afford it.  So if I wouldn't get the implant, they wouldn't extract it.  Now it is back to the first place.  Oh my!  I have such lousy dental insurance too.

Sunday was Palm Sunday but it really didn't feel like it.  I bought two new dresses from Amazon.  One for Palm Sunday and one for Easter.  They are a perfect fit!  Like someone made them just for me.  I wore the navy one on Sunday and I have a mauve one for Easter.  I want to take them with me when I go on vacation too.  They don't wrinkle which makes them perfect to pack.  And they have pockets.  Don't you love a dress with pockets?  So many women's clothes these days are not pocket friendly.

I have not been doing great physically lately so all my great plans of getting things cleaned up and cooking wonderful meals and desserts has gone by the wayside.  I did make dinner two days in a row and did a load of dishes yesterday.  That is a big thing.  Most of the time I just lay and sleep.  But I think if you are not feeling well, sometimes that is the best thing you can do for yourself.  I've been really stressed out lately too.  I'm sure that is contributing to things.  I can't wait for my vacation.  I so need to get away.  I can't begin to tell you all the stuff that has been going on around here lately.

We had several tornados go through the area last week.  It was scary.  Much too close for comfort.  When I went to church on Sunday the sign in front of the church was torn down by the wind.  In fact, the thick wooden post it was on had snapped in half and it was laying on the ground.  Wow!  I was going to take a picture of it but I was running a little late for church, so I figured I would just get it on the way out.  But by the time I left, it had been cleaned up.  But take my word for it, it was surprising.  Apparently around church they lost electricity and Pastor said he could feel the parsonage rocking.  We live about four miles away and didn't get any of that.  We just got some wind, heavy rain and hail.  That was bad enough!

Well, it is almost 5:00 a.m. now, so I have to get off of here and get myself ready for the day.  Hope you all are having a meaninful Holy Week.  I'll be back soon.


Kathy











7 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy. Yes, spring weather everywhere is not good. Here in Utah, we continue to have heavy snow and our school is starting on a snow delay today, except that I am still home because I am dealing with Covid. Ugh. What a way to start spring. Now my husband might have it. I hope your Bible study goes well, and that your weather calms down. I used to live in the midwest and HATED tornadoes and tornado drills, watches and warnings. It all produces a lot of anxiety. I hope that you can find some peace and that your upcoming vacation will lessen your stress. So glad you got a couple of dresses you really like. You and Joe have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to read that you are still not feeling well, Kathy, and hope a getaway will lift your spirits. We are not having a good start to spring either, but thankfully no tornadoes or other damaging weather, aside from lightning and thunderstorms over the weekend. I know you mean about dental costs and as we do not have any insurance it can be costly. I hope that you and Joe will have a Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you survived the weather. No fun. I am getting two implants late this month. One tooth extraction. Weird why dental insurance will not accept implants. At least some of it is 80% paid for but not implants. I'm glad you are feeling better. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I too love pockets! Even some of the slacks don't have them. Glad
    that your dresses had them. Sleep can be the best thing when you don't feel well. I totally understand when you said that what you did was a lot for you. Kudos for doing that much! So many illnesses come
    with 'fatigue'. Ugh!
    Have a blessed & peaceful holy week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Catching up with you, finally!! Gotta love pockets. So happy you found two dresses and they fit perfectly too. I buy online more than in stores but also do a fair number of returns =)
    Hope you are having a wonderful day after Easter. I'm taking it easy today because I'm not a young as I used to be. Whew, does that ever show these busy days!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hope you had a good Easter Kathy. I read your previous post about your colonoscopy. I work part time mostly in the endoscopy lab and we've never been that far behind! In fact, we try to be early. I'm glad the procedure went well and no polyps. I too had a tooth extracted and will be getting an implant. I'll be saving my working money for that expensive event.! Have a good vacation and enjoy some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's been a little over a week since you posted and I hope you're feeling much better today! I'm with you when it comes to pockets, I can't live without them. When I'm at work I have two sets of work keys, phone, walkie-talkie radio... I need pockets! I bet the dresses were beautiful on you!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.