Saturday, April 29, 2023

DAY ONE OF THE 2023 ANNUAL CONFERENCE (SUNDAY)

 Hello, friends!  This past week has been very busy.  Joe and I attended the 140th Annual Conference of our church's denomination.  We always like going to these.  This is the 7th year that we have attended.  I already posted the video for this week on YouTube and I got a comment that there were more men there than women.  That is because it is for Pastors and Elders.  There are several wives who come along and sit in the back to observe, but it is really not for us.  The pastors and elders are there to make decisions concerning what goes on in our churches, accept new congregations into the denomination, and to ordain new pastors.  So if you see more men than women in these pictures, it's because there ARE more men than women.

Joe and I went to the Pocono Mountains a day early.  We wanted to visit with my sister on the way up.  We hadn't gotten together for Easter so we wanted to see each other.  We traded Easter baskets and she fed us this wonderful dinner of fried chicken, mashed potatoes and Brussels sprouts.  We didn't stay very long because I did not want to drive in the dark.  But...  Joe actually did all of the driving.  I was the passenger and took lots of pictures of the mountains through the car windows.  The first three pictures are of the road on the way to my sister's house.  I wanted to get the beautiful trees.  The rest of them are of the mountains.












We got to the Super 8 hotel around 7:00 p.m.  The handicapped accessible room was occupied, so they gave us another room on the first floor.  We had to go down four steps to get there.  My legs were so sore and swollen from the trip that I barely made it.  I ended up spending most of the evening in bed eating some popcorn that Elaine had given us.  (I shared with Joe of course.)  I ended up falling asleep around 9:30 and sleeping through the entire night.

So that is the story of day one.  I will continue tomorrow.

Have a good evening and a wonderful Sunday.

Kathy




5 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy. I am so glad that you and Joe could go to the conference. Will look forward to reading more about it tomorrow. See you then. Have a good Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pics! I especially like the 4th one (distance shot). Glad you got to spend time with Elaine. Sorry to hear about your legs.
    Hope you enjoy the conference.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some beautiful scenery there Kathy, it's so encouraging to get out and about now that nature is returning in all of her glory. I'm sorry to read that you have trouble with your legs swelling, have you tried compression hose when traveling or sitting for long periods, they really do help.
    Hugs,
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you were able to go again this year. I'll have to go watch your You Tube video. How nice you could see your sister on the way there! Looking forward to hearing more about your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kathy, it was good to read that you and Joe were able to go to the conference and to visit with your sister along the way. Sorry to read about your leg issues, but resting and enjoying popcorn was a good solution (in my opinion).

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.