Friday, January 27, 2023

CHINESE NEW YEAR -- THE YEAR OF THE WATER RABBIT


 Hello, friends!  Happy Friday.  And Happy New Year (a couple of days late).  This year is the year of the Rabbit.  The Water Rabbit to be more precise.  Not only is the Lunar zodiac divided into twelve animals, but it is also divided into four elements.  So it takes 48 years to go through each of them.

Let me tell you a little bit that I found out about the Water Rabbit.  Google is a wonderful resource.  

The Rabbit is a gentle and beloved animal that signifies vitality, wit, caution and good luck.  It is also a symbol of longevity, peace and prosperity.  The rabbit is a tame animal and can move swiftly.  

People born in the year of the Rabbit have a pleasant relationship with the people they are around.  They are not irritated easily and get along with the people around them.  They also avoid quarrels as much as possible.  They are also quiet and calm.  These people usually have good ideas and are respected by those they work with.

In Chinese culture the Rabbit year (2023) is predicted to be a year of hope and a quite interesting year.  This year represents peaceful and patient energy.  It is a year of diplomacy and building bridges in both professional and personal relationships.

And now you know more about the Water Rabbit than you ever hoped to.  Ha, ha!  Of course you know I think this is all a bit of fun and don't believe in the zodiac or luck or any such thing.  But it has always been a fun holiday for me.

Joe and I called out for Chinese food.  For lunch we had an egg roll and fried dumplings.  Dumplings represent money purses and people eat them to be prosperous in the coming year.  I found out though, that I like steamed dumplings a lot more than fried ones.  Thought I would try it for a change and now I know.  For dinner we had pork lo mein.  Long noodles represent long life.  It was so good.  There was not one bite left.

Hope you enjoyed this bit of fun.  I will see you again soon.

Until later...

Kathy







6 comments:

  1. Hi Kathy. Charly and I love Chinese food too and get Chinese takeout often. The year of the rabbit sounds like a good one to be born in. I hope you have a good weekend. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A year of hope sounds really good. Happy New year to you both!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting! I am not fond of Chinese food so whenever my family is in the mood for it, I order General Tso's chicken, which I understand is a fake Chinese food.

    I like your cute little rabbit graphic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, Kathy now I do know more about the water rabbit 😀 This week we also enjoyed a lunch at a favorite Oriental restaurant. I too am fond of dumplings, especially steamed and didn't know about the ones purse connection.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So the year of the Rabbit! Interesting, I just gave my stuffed bunny a bath this morning. He sits on my couch. Wish I could have a real one!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Appreciate the info. Really interesting. Didn't know about the elements. I like some Chinese food (like noodles) but not spicy. I
    really enjoy fried wonton. That's why I love your blog; never know
    what your going to get. Always a surprise! Stay pawsitive!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love hearing from you. A name must accompany your comment No anonymous comments will be accepted. Thanks for your understanding.